Corrupted plane views after Blue Canyon installation

jwilly

Transaction ID: 584dc6dd2c2bb

I am running FSX on Windows 10 with FTX Global Vector and OrbX Northern California installed. I had normal cockpit and external plane views in the Limberlost airport, but after installation of the Blue Canyon scenery pack via FTX Central, my A2A Cessna 182 appears to be half buried in the runway at the same airport.

I had an interrupt of the Blue Canyon scenery download since, unknown to me and with no warning (!), Windows 10 was doing an automatic update in the background. I completed the update of Windows 10 and shut down my PC. I then re-booted the PC.

I uninstalled the Blue Canyon scenery via FTX Central, switched off the anti-virus software and re-downloaded the scenery package. The problem of a half buried Cessna is still there.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have tried to upload a screen shot and though it displayed in the post before submitting it was lost by the time the question appeared on the forum. Screen shot now showing.

Limberlost.gif

Further information which might or might not be helpful:

Loading a plane at Blue Canyon airport leads to an instant crash of the plane and a re-loading of terrain data. When complete, the plane crashes again - an endless loop. Loading the plane at South Lake Tahoe airport gives no problems.

RHaas,

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't run Vector Auto configuration, but I have now. No help I'm afraid. None of the 3 airports in the Blue Canyon pack, CA21, KBLU and KTVL appear on the enabled or disabled list in the configurator.

The problem is happening with all aircraft.

I have noticed a new announcement when I load aircraft: GSX is regenerating airport cache. Is this relevant to my problem?

Hello jwilly,

I don't believe it is an Orbx issue per-se, nor do I think the "GSX generating airport cache"  would be creating what you show in your screenshot.

A possibility could be this below:

Are you by chance using "TacPack" if so you may find the solution in this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102317-texture-problems/?do=findComment&comment=1032842   > Main Topic here:http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102317-texture-problems/

TackPack  VRS.DLL  and its "advanced terrain avoidance system" has a  detrimental affect on ground textures for a small few Orbx airports, which makes aircraft textures transparent, where they are cut by floating ground textures. Choosing to temporarily switch off this module whilst flying certain airfields corrects the issue. You will not be able to use the VRS aircraft whilst this module is switched off.  Setting the TacPack Manager to "Prompt" whether or not to load the module on startup should fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered that when I try to load Limberlost airport that there are two options, one for the active runway and one for runway 10. If I load one and it is corrupted, then loading the other seems to work fine. Strangely, it is not consistent, with sometimes the active runway being corrupted, and then on another occasion runway 10. At least I am able to fly from here, but is there a way of getting both runways to load normally?

Archived