Flooded/flashing tiles in FTX England

captainwarez

Hello All! after taking several months break to play elite dangerous with my oculus rift, iv come back to continue my love for orbx flight.

However I still have an ongoing issue with FTX England, I'm having a flooded and flashing texture image problem near the Southend-On-Sea Essex coast.

iv uploading a couple of pics of the  2 problem areas in question. I have updated P3D to 3.4 and have upgraded to FTX Central 3 (previous to all this I had done a remigration but made no difference to the texture tiles in question)

Hope you can help? would love to get this resolved without having to reinstall P3D.

cUXFXZ9.jpg

l9054EM.jpg

Regrads

Lee.

22 hours ago, captainwarez said:

Hello All! after taking several months break to play elite dangerous with my oculus rift, iv come back to continue my love for orbx flight.

However I still have an ongoing issue with FTX England, I'm having a flooded and flashing texture image problem near the Southend-On-Sea Essex coast.

iv uploading a couple of pics of the  2 problem areas in question. I have updated P3D to 3.4 and have upgraded to FTX Central 3 (previous to all this I had done a remigration but made no difference to the texture tiles in question)

Hope you can help? would love to get this resolved without having to reinstall P3D.

Regrads

Lee.

Hi,

Make sure your FTX Central 3 has an up to date ORBXlibs installed then replay migration by deleting ".migrated" from these directories:

\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY
\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX
\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM\scenery

Don't forget to close and open FTX Central 3 to initiate it

44 minutes ago, captainwarez said:

the last file location I am only finding that migration file in the \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM folder and NOT the scenery folder within the custom folder, is that correct?

Your install seems corrupted so I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it by FTX Central 3

1 minute ago, captainwarez said:

the migration process for all my orbx stuff to central 3 has already been done a few days ago.

As you uninstalled ENG, it need to be migrated again if you reinstall it. Also make sure your sur ORBXlibs is uptodate

since reinstalling the England scenery, the control panel is now greyed out. Any ideas?

Not available for the current release. It will come with 1.53

OK, I identified the faulty texture and I alter my installation to get the same result:

ORBX_Anomalie_ENG_01.jpg

Navigate to \ORBX\Troubleshooter and execute MigrationTroubleshooter.exe. You should have something similar:

ORBX_Trouble_01.jpg

You can see England has missing files.

So I uninstall England and reinstall (from backup folder or zip). I close and reopen FTX Central. After synchronisation is finished, I play again MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

ORBX_success.jpg

Let's go now into P3D. Flood lands are gone !

ORBX_Anomalie_ENG_02.jpg

If MigrationTroubleshooter.exe keeps displaying error, just reinstall again from the FTX ENG backup. As for me, I did twice before it's resolved

To be sure to have it clean, delete Orbx folder from C:\Users\YourWinAccount\AppData\Local\Temp and reinstall FTX Central V3. Then proceed to reinstall England

To avoid reinstall, migration is also replayed if you delete .migrated files as mentionned. To get it launched, you have to open FTX Central and go to FTX England item. Wait for a complete synchronisation (see below en the left). FTX Central is a bit slow so be patient.Check with MigrationTroubleshooter.exe  till the final success.

Yes, no uninstall of FTXC3 needed. In fact, if .migrated are deleted, migration only played if you go to this page:

FTX_England.jpg

So, just try this way now and check. It's fast

32 minutes ago, captainwarez said:

Richard I'm afraid the problem is still here. migration trouble shooter reports no problems with England scenery.

So delete the folder ORBX into the temp as I indicated and reinstall FTx Central

In fact, you have 2 problems on your installation:

- FTX Central is not properly installed (impacting ORBXlibs)

- FTX England has an erratic status of migration saying all is fine whereas there are missing migrated textures

The best alternative is starting with a clean installation within the right order. I replicate the issue on my side and I solve it. I cannot do anything else for you if you estimate it's useless

9 minutes ago, captainwarez said:

Richard could you give me the name of that texture you removed so I can replicate the same thing.

It's given into the report when MigrationTroubleshooter.exe and reinstalling FTX Central doesn't involve reinstall all your previous installed products.

So:

1/ delete C:\Users\YourWinAccount\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

2/ delete .migrated from England directories

3/ Reinstall FTX Central from ORBX Direct

4/ Open FTX Central 3

5/ Uninstall and reinstall ORBXlibs

6/ Navigate to FTX England page into FTX Central 3

7/ Play MigrationTroubleshooter.exe to check then fly to confirm

I had followed those instructions to the letter but had no joy. indecently there was no option to uninstall the libs so had to remove a certain file (cant recall the file or path, got info from a previous post from another orbx staff member) to trick central into reinstalling libs again. As the migration troubleshooter is not reporting any file problems I pretty much stuck with this unless I do a full reinstall of P3D.

MY GODTHATS WORKED!!!!!

Not sure what just happened and why the problem as resolved itself! maybe a combo of the latest patch I don't know.

BUT!!!!! Thankyou for all your help Richard. WaaaaaaHoooooo :-)

Great ! The temp folder was certainly the key.

Enjoy SP5.3 ;)

Archived