Problem with FTX Global 1.40 installation

Gregg S. Goodspeed

I have a very stable FSX Gold installation running on a high end PC with Nvidia surround. FSX is/was bone stock without any addons (except for Javier's Nimitz & AIcarriers). I just installed FTXC 3 & Global Base 1.40. The install did not go smoothly at first and I cancelled some attempts to install manually. After logging in again the install went automatically. However, I am missing buildings around the city of New Orleans. Tuning autogen to max does not help. It resembles photoreal scenery and looks horrible after takeoff from KMSY or other local airports. I had buildings before so something is not right. In addition, instant replay now crashes during standard playback. I was planning on adding more ORBX stuff (Vector, OLC NA, etc.) but need help with these issues first. Any assistance is appreciated.

OK. Sorry about the confusion. FTX Central showed a library update available. I thought I read that my FTX Global Base install would include this update automatically. Anyway, downloaded it (ObjectFlow.dll, etc.) and the sim looks/runs fine now. Wish we had a more detailed instruction of how this stuff installs. Now for Vector.

Archived