Loss of Ai Traffic @ Warnervale

Carpy

Hi Everyone,

I am a beginner at this with Steam version and pretty sure I've accidently deleted something that I shouldn't have, but all the AI Traffic @ Warnervale has disappeared, and when I go to FTX Central 2 and try to add Warnervale AI Traffic, it displays "Both onPath and offPath don't exist for file. NOW, I know I've somehow deleted the file and have to re-download AI Traffic Aus/NZ, but will it be affected as I already have all the airline companies from World of Ai? OR can I customise the ORBX Traffic with just being at Warnervale??

Cam  

Hi Cam,

If you are using FTX AU_AI traffic then the installer should switch off the AI traffic file for Warnervale, otherwise you would see a duplication of AI traffic at Warnervale. It also does this for any other FTX Aussie airfields that came with their own AI traffic the ones that did not have this option in the CPL would need to be found in Scenery\World\Scenery and manually switched off. You can read about this on page 6 of the FTX AU AI TRAFFIC User Guide.pdf

If these traffic files are not switched off you will find a checkbox in their individual airport Control panel in FTXC. If you have FTX YWVA Warnervale installed, the file that would have been switched off instead using AU_AI traffic is Traffic_Warnervale.bgl.OFF 

You can re-enable this file as long as you don't already have Traffic_Warnervale.bgl.OFF  & Traffic_Warnervale.bgl otherwise the file cannot be switched until you go to Scenery\World\Scenery and remove the .OFF to enable the FTX YWVA AI traffic file, or remove the Traffic_Warnervale.bgl  and leave the .OFF variant using instead the AU_AI traffic system.

More simply - the CPL cannot switch/replace .OFF for active .bgl while ever there is an AI traffic file of the same name, if you remove the .OFF extension there would be 2 files having the same filename, the CPL then gives the, (path on / path off exception) remove one or the other but you can't have both.

If you choose not to install FTX AU_AI which would be the better choice IMHO, you can and will have the option to use the AI Traffic file for Warnervale or any other FTX AU airfield which came with its own traffic file, in this case there will be a AI option in the airports FTXCentral CPL.

Another thing to keep in mind is that WOAI AI traffic files are notorious for containing unconverted FS9 traffic files, this in effect overrides/cancels out all other FSX AI traffic, AI traffic would disappear completely. 

What you can do to remedy this is to use a conversion tool called AIFP (AIFlightPlanner) to search for and convert any found FS9 AI traffic to FSX, All traffic files should be FSX in order that they play happily together.

AIFP tool here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP  DL full instructions (UserManual) from the left menu on same page.

Archived