Fatal Error on Startup - atc.dll

Lance Arnold

After installing FTX GlobaL Iceland Demo and re-installing ENJA Jan Mayensfield via Central v3, I am now experiencing a 'Fatal Error' on FSX startup.

The error report shows that the module at fault here is the - atc.dll version 10.0.61472.0

Has anyone experienced this or may know of a fix for this error, as a search of the net has provided no fix for this. Prior to this latest migration from ORBx It has been running smooth since my last full install about a couple of months ago. I have also re-installed FSUIPC4 and UIAutomation which were the fixes for a lot of the previous Win7 64bit errors, but this has not fixed the problem.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

...Lance

I run FSX Deluxe on Win7 64bit

Faral Error on Startup - 2016 Nov 8.png

UPDATE.....

I had a light bulb moment and did a rollback to an earlier Restore Point (2 days earlier). This fixed my problem but did not solve the issue of the crash as such.

I will continue with my updating of the Orbx scenery but will run FSX after each update to see which one causes the Fatal Error.

This is a good reminder for all of us, create Restore Points before doing any major updates, such as migrating over to the new OrbxDirect, installing Central v3 or any scenery installs. Maybe this reminder should be part of the install process for any migration and updates to help troubleshoot any future errors that may occur.

I shall continue my troubleshooting on this issue and see if it occurs again, and then identify the offending update (or software)

... Lance

Archived