need help with scenery

after installing the free scenery package to get aussie airports looking more realistic every time starting a new free flight from the terminal gates either i start under a jetway or nose of the plane inside a building, is there any way to fix this, found this issue also landing after the first flight from installing scenery package as ATC  directed me to park inside a building at Brisbane.

Also do the jetways work with the new design of airports with the free or paid scenery

Thanks in advance

Hi Sylvester,

I am a little unclear as to what you have installed.

As yet YBBN (Brisbane) has not been released, and will be payware when it is.  The other packages should not affect YBBN (for example).

Which Freeware airport package have you installed, and which other FTX regions do you have installed.

Jetways in default FSX airports will only animate if "Advanced animations" is ticked in your FSX options.

May need a little more information to sort this out.

thanks for the quick reply

what i have installed was the free scenery package from this site, it doesnt matter what airport i start from or land at....e.g. starting a new flight from sydney to brisbane,  if i choose starting from the gates at sydney either i am inside a building or under a jetway and not beside it and if having detect crashes on well of course you can guess what happens. when i land at brisbane ATC directs me to a gate and wants me to park inside a building or inside a jetway.

from what you said sounds like the jetways no longer extend unless going back to the default game and scenery (if i understand right). i know it would take alot of time designing any of the planes or scenery for fsx, maybe it could be something designers can look at for further scenery having the jetways work as in default

Hi Sylvester,

There are a number of free downloadable packages from this site ... as a rule - they don't alter any other airports than the ones listed.

Firstly - the AuBlue demo is a landclass and texture update.  It does not alter airports scenery, so it will have NO effect on any of the default FSX airports.

The mesh addon similarly will not affect any of your airports or jetways.

The setting I was referring to is active whether you are running default or FTX.

I am still unsure from your description as to which of the 18 or so freeware addons you have installed.  None of them will have anything like the effect you are describing ... are you running any other scenery addons?

my most humble appologies it was my stuffup.....i had installed 2 addon scene files from elsewhere and forgot about having done this until you asked in the post

i removed the 2 addons i did and everything is good again thank you

the pack i refered to was AUMESH....it has made the land look much better for australia, cant wait to purchase other packs from here in the future and make things look better than they are now

Archived