AU and NZ AI Traffic FSX

ocha26

Apologies for what might be a really dumb question. After a break I'm now making a return to FSX and particularly  Australia. Also going through a complete installation of all my FSX software onto a new computer (nightmare). I have FTX Australia SP3 and am looking for some advice please. The freeware AU AI traffic software says it's for Australia and New Zealand. As I don't have New Zealand will that make any difference to the installation into Australia only? Simply, is there an installation option within the process to just select Australia?  Also is there any known conflicts with the Australia AI traffic to any other third party Traffic installations ie Traffic 360?

best wishes Bill

Not such a dumb question! I'll try to give a not dumb answer.

Part #1 - My understanding is that this AI traffic includes Australia and New Zealand. If you never fly in NZ, you'll just never see the NZ traffic. I fly in NZ and only rarely in Australia, and have had no problems.

Part #2 - There shouldn't be any real conflicts. But if you already have Australian AI traffic, this will add even more, creating perhaps too much (slowing your system down, or just making it unrealistically busy). The recommendation is to disable Australian (and New Zealand) AI and then add the Orbx AI package.

Archived