Slow Download speeds for base and vector update

Daniel Hirschberg

First post. I used to lurk and occasionally post Aerosoft forums years ago, and with a new big bad PC I'm back to simming after a long hiatus. Catching up has been a bit overwhelming, and all at once exciting. 

in FTX central 2 I am getting absurd download speeds, up here in Alaska, as far away from Australia as I can get, with no mirrror options, that I can see, for alternative download sources. I don't want to leave the PC sitting here for 22 days whilst it downloads at 1.1-2 Kb per second. 

Any help? 

-Dan

If you bought the download versions from FSS, you should be able to use the web download links in your account page there, preferably with a download manager. That should give you more options and better speeds. (I got more than 5 MB/s last night.) Of course, ORBX also just released the Germany North region – I think the first download rush for that should have finished by now, but the servers may still be a bit busier than normal.

8 hours ago, Baumi said:

If you bought the download versions from FSS, you should be able to use the web download links in your account page there, preferably with a download manager. That should give you more options and better speeds. (I got more than 5 MB/s last night.) Of course, ORBX also just released the Germany North region – I think the first download rush for that should have finished by now, but the servers may still be a bit busier than normal.

I am referring to the actual .exe file that sits on the desktop. I execute the executable (pardon) and it loads it's wrapper software/frontend. The green bar above the product list on the "homepage" says I have library updates available. I apologise for not being clearer in my initial posting-my second cup of coffee hadn't been brewed at the time of writing. :) I am simply doing the update. It seems to be force-routing my traffic to a very very far away or loaded down server.  

Archived