FTX update download and antivirus

Bill Loan

I have just updated to Service Pack 001 / 002/ 003/ 004, but when I try to download Service Pack 005 it fails half way through (using MY FTX) if I try download from google my antivirus immediately deletes it saying it contains dangerous files. Now when I fly FSX the scenery is awful  London is completely screwed. There does not seem to be anyway of contacting ORBX for help though!

2 hours ago, Bill Loan said:

I have just updated to Service Pack 001 / 002/ 003/ 004, but when I try to download Service Pack 005 it fails half way through (using MY FTX) if I try download from google my antivirus immediately deletes it saying it contains dangerous files. Now when I fly FSX the scenery is awful  London is completely screwed. There does not seem to be anyway of contacting ORBX for help though!

Hi,

You gave yourself the answer to your question by talking about antivirus. You have to gave an exception and suspend it when installing ORBX.

By the way, SP5 is dedicated to a migrated FTX England to unified. You need to be sure that process is successful. There are many topic related to in the forum

Have tried turning of all the Norton antivirus options but still the download fails it starts of at 4min ?? and breaks of at about 3min 19sec every time this is from MY FTX. Google drive warns file to big to scan for virus and my antivirus says it contains dangerous content.

7 minutes ago, Bill Loan said:

Have tried turning of all the Norton antivirus options but still the download fails it starts of at 4min ?? and breaks of at about 3min 19sec every time this is from MY FTX. Google drive warns file to big to scan for virus and my antivirus says it contains dangerous content.

That's a false positive. You can go on

Archived