Weird Tiles in Switzerland OpenLC Europe

clarky

So flying through the Alps towards LSGS Sion I had a lot of random tiles (oddly enough of the world) appearing everywhere. The image shows where it got really bad and made landing almost impossible as it also went over the runway. I have done the force migration and the troubleshooter shown no issues.

Using P3Dv3, all ORBX stuff up-to-date

2016-8-21_14-49-12-656.jpg

Hi Clarky, Yes, those are unusual tiles. I am experiencing the same thing, seemingly around airfields. Did you rerun the sim after each orbx module was installed ?. I reran after each module, and this similar issue popped-up after I installed a regional module (PNW). I still haven't resolved it yet.  Some of those tiles appear, like mine, to show the vehicle at a very high altitude, just like viewing the globe with F12. My post (# 119247), shows this.  Do the tiles change as your flight progress over them ?.  I've turned off all the Orbx products, and the results still persist. Did you make a back-up before installing Orbx ? This has happened to me in FSX, to you in P3D. The sim is grabbing info on tile insertion from some very unusual reasons. I'm a little puzzled over the sim's reasoning, hopefully some experience chimes in on this. This snip is at KFHRKFHR_OrbxIssue004.jpg

Hi again Clarky, I have been looking into this issue for over week, there is a post by Holger, about rapidly changing textures, and issues with the Terrain.cfg file.

I have gotten rid of the trees in the water, and the misplaced, changing texture, following Holger's recommendations. I also use his Vic+ scenery, which I had installed before Orbx. Everything looks normal, copying in the saved terrain.cfg file, except, I'm going to have to repair Vic+, or something, as when I 'enable' it in the scenery library, all the ocean, in the Vic+ area, turns to terra-firma, no more island hopping. So give Holger's suggestions a try, fairly easy.

Yeah the textures were changing as I was flying over them swapping with different views of the world. It only occured as I was going through the Alps through the valley from Geneva to Sion and since it only occurred over openLC I thought it might be something that has happened before (which evidently it has) but doesnt seem to be any fixes.

Archived