3D Lights in Reduced Visibility at Night

JPL19

I am having an issue where reduced visibility settings at night seem to have no effect on 3D lights.  I first noticed this at YPAD, but, I have tried other areas outside Australia and the situation is constant.  Buildings, trees, aircraft, airport lights all disappear in the mist, but 3D lights extend out as far as can be seen under "unlimited" visibility.

I am using FSX Gold/Accel on Win7, DX-9.  I have among many FTX add ons pretty much everything for Oceanana, plus Vector, NA and European LC.  I also have AS16 / Active Sky Cloud Art, and REX add ons.

This started with a METAR for YPAD as follows: 122030Z 05004KT 0200 FG BKN006 BKN007 09/08 Q1023 . The problem is evident with any weather situation, including FSX default, ASN and AS16.

I tried searching the forums for Lights / Fog / Night etc, but such common words brought up in some cases several hundred pages of findings.

Is this a known issue  and/or something that someone can point me to a fix for?  I had filed a service ticket with the folks at Hi Fi who thought there might be a fix here (it was a suggestion, nothing else).

Thanks.

Archived