Narvik flickering/ PLASI issue

Matze

First of all: What an amazing scenery!

However I ran into an issue with the PLASI, which is somehow connected to a small flickering issue.

When approaching the field, everything looks fine, however no PLASI is visible until at about 2 miles out. At this point the immediate runway surroundings start flickering, the level of flickering depends on the viewing angle. Then you can see the white flashing light; the white steady light or any red indication are NOT visible at any time. Getting closer to the field the flickering stops, but also the white flashing PLASI light stops showing up.

As said, a steady white or any red does not come up at any time, at the height when it would be correct.

I suspected an elevation issue at first, as I had a freeware scenery installed before. I checked that I uninstalled everything and also checked the scenery/world/scenery folder, however there is no entry referring to Narvik.

Here are some screenshots:

26538742fc.jpg

Terrain error 'at maxiumum' (look at the apron and right side of the runway), the white light is clearly visible and bright

26538743ve.jpg

Changed viewing angle a bit, minor terrain error, white light barely visible

26538744mi.jpg

From the other side, same as above: Terrain error 'at maximum' (apron and left of runway), PLASI light clearly visible

26538745zy.jpg

Changed viewing angle a tiny bit, terrain now correct, but light invisible

Hi,
hope you can answer a few questions before I go any further:
  1. In which simulator? FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2 or P3Dv3?
  2. If FSX, do you use DX10 mode?
  3. What mesh resolution do you use? (5m are recommended)
  4. It should be a file called ADE_FTX_EU_ENNK_elevation_adjustment.bgl in the scenery/world/scenery folder. Is it there?

Hi again.

It is difficult in the first place to have a plasi work in FSX together with a ground polygon and a 3d-terrain. It´s simply not possible with the FSX-engine without serious tweaking. I have to find an alternative solution for the plasi that also gets rid of the flicker, so I need a few days on this. I come back to you when I have found out more, and hopefully a solution :)

No problem, still enjoying this splendid piece of art ;-)

In the scenery configurator I have set everything to max if this is of any help for you.

Before I had the Narvik freeware installed, which I removed thoroughly. I will recheck if all files have been removed.

Could any wrong setting in the Vector AEC tool cause such problems?

• 2 months later...
Hi, I have a solution to the problem. I have awaited in case new bugs would emerge, and it has appeared things that I am trying to solve now. I´m planning an update after all bugs are fixed. I dont know yet when the update is ready. You will be notified in FTX Central.

Archived