Can FTXC download/install faster than I can manually?

wingclip

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if FTX Central can handle updating all my FTX programs (EXCEPT Global Base, Open LC and Vector), if I re-install each Region and Airport version that I have, which I saved on a backup drive when I purchased them?

Recently, I had a catastrophic Hardware crash and among other things, I lost my entire FSX Dedicated SSD. Now I have to reinstall EVERYTHING on a new replacement SSD, (except I think I’ll install the FTX products on a separate drive). 

Although I have many of the products on a backup HDD, they’re mostly all versions that were available when I bought them and not necessarily the latest version.

I’ve downloaded the latest available Global Base, Open LC, and Vector add-ons from my FSS account so that I know the FTXC will be a recent version. Of course, I plan to install them first and hope that FTXC can then update the remaining FTX products I have saved, as I install each one.

You see, it takes time to download each of the regions and Airports from the FSS account. If FTXC can update each of the versions presently saved at the time of purchase, that may be much faster, yes?
Thanks,
Rich

OK, so does anyone know enough about the FTXC to answer my question?

To rephrase it in short:

Can FTXC update old versions of Regions and Airports faster than it would take for one to download each program from the place of purchase, and then install the latest version of the same programs manually?

I have a lot of "re-installations" to do and I'm trying to assess the fastest method. I've got to get going, so I guess I'll try and see how much faster FTXC is, (if at all), over the download/install manually option.

Maybe someone who knows will answer soon so I'll keep checking.

R

Archived