OpenLC NA lighting...performance issue during day

Flic1

Hi - I purchased OpenLC NA and installed it last week.. .looks fantastic!!  I decided to reinstall Vector as I also have UTX and then ended up messing around with the scenery library checking and unchecking some things. Once everything was set, I noticed on approach to landing I was getting strange pulsating slowdowns...almost like you hit the rate key to 1/2 and back to normal every few seconds even though my FPS was still around 30.  I did some troubleshooting and was unable to resolve it so I said what the heck...and spent today doing a clean install of P3Dv3. ..:(

I did a systematic reinstall and decided to do a test flight after each item was added to make sure the issue did not re-appear.  So this was a clean P3Dv3 with medium settings (fair wx setting, no AI, etc)  The only other thing installed was the NGX for the test flights (takeoff and back around for landing). I started with FTX Global....test flight perfect. Then Vector...test flight perfect.  I then installed OpenLC NA....everything was fine until approach and then the SAME issue happens!!  The issue becomes apparent as I descend under 2000' and gets worse as I near the ground. Soooo, I unchecked the entries for OpenLC in scenery library to retry.....but....the issue happened again! Hmmm, this is strange.  Well, I realized I had not unchecked the OpenLC lights so I did that just for kicks.  Keep in mind I am doing a daytime flight here.  Next test was perfect..smooth as can be!  So i re-enabled openLC (not the lights) and checked that...perfect! Re-enabled the lights...bam...problem back!  So it appears that having these lights enabled is causing the issue for me.

The odd thing is that I would certainly expect some FPS loss with the lights as I assume the lights are still there in the daytime, just not "illuminated".  This strange pulsing issue on final approach is one I am confused with as my FPS are still normal.  Things seem fine the higher I am....it's a low-altitude issue.  My test flight was at default KBWI taking off 28 and landing 33L.  Again, I have my sliders around the middle for the most part and my system has always handled things great.  I generally fly the NGX and average 30-40 FPS and it's smooth as can be for the most part other than some heavy airport scenery. 

Any help or advice appreciated as I think the new lighting looks fantastic and I do a fair amount of night flying so I would love to keep them on but it makes approaches and landings for me nearly un-flyable!

Thanks!

Eric

FSS0504721

i7-4770 @ 3.9 

GTX 970

Archived