PNW - Blakely Island Texture Issue

Steve Colbert

I think I may know the answer to this, but would like more experienced thoughts.

I have a 4.0GHz processor, but a GTX 745 graphics card.

FPS are reasonably high whilst flying through Orbx areas, even the San Juans, but on a flight from KFHR over to my favorite airport at Blakely Island something begins to "choke" in my system - the little pilot in my Alabeo plain goes from textured to white, distant runway VASIs turn into a black square, propeller turns into a square, and when I land at Blakely the static hangars and planes have been reduced to a few 3D "sticks" (sorry no photo).

I suspect that this may be a result of my poor graphics card gradually bogging down trying to load all of the beautiful scenery in that area and that something about that immediate vicinity causes overload?   Like maybe there is a "Bermuda Triangle" of scenery loads happening right around that exact spot?  Even KORS doesn't seem to suffer on KFHR to KORS runs.

And  I can fly from KFHR to the Stuff4FS Victoria and not generally encounter issues.

I'm hoping the GTX 960 I'll be installing this weekend helps a lot with texture loading speed, but am wondering if I've botched some other .cfg setting or something?

By the way, this has been an issue for awhile, certainly before the changes to FTX central etc.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived