slow terrain texture loading

lout

Before the new ORBXLIBS came out few days ago I was experiencing blurries and fps decrease and it seems like after the forced migration (the new fix) the fps problem and blurries has been solved however the ground textures are rendering very slow. only a very small area that I focus (don't need to pause) will show a crisp terrain texture and the rest have not severe but blurry textures and happens pretty much everywhere, I suspect it has to do nothing with the ORBXLIBS post-migration problem since it has no relations anyways and it's another problem which was hidden by the bigger problem? plus except for this everything is perfect. I tried to move my slider to the left and however did not solve the problem plus I did not touch anything in the FSX.CFG file so I figure it's not a problem of the settings. The only thing I could think of is perhaps some non-orbx addons which I have added during the whole thing happening (about 7 was added during this time) might have conflicted with ftx or the cpu can't handle it all at once?? I have about 12 non orbx-addons which are mostly weather and texture addons. since before the whole thing happen it did not happen and those were the only change in FSX. So the question is  "can this cause it to happen"? Also it doesn't look like FTX is the problem itself. I'm asking to make sure this is a possibility before I remove some of my non-orbx addons.

my rig:

Intel i7-6700k Processor 4.0 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics Card, ASUS Z170-P ATX Motherboard, Thermaltake Smart Series Standard 750W Power Supply Unit, Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz UDIMM Memory Kit (2 x 8GB)

lout

your rig and my rig are almost identical.  I have other than Orbx addons installed as well I do not have the issue you mention, and your rig should be able to render better than that, perhaps a screenshot of two to show us what you are experiencing.

Pretty much everywhere? Specifics would help. What regions, global?  Is it the same outside of the areas near your non orbx addons?  Is this happening in rural AND urban areas?

LOD Radius?  What's it set at in your fsx.cfg?  If 4.5 then your distance will be somewhat blurred, however if you run say 5.5 then the distance will be sharper.

Archived