KBHB Taxi Lights

HighlanderOne

Hello all...

I recently purchased and installed KBHB Bar Harbor (Very nice by the way) with no errors during install. Though the taxi lights are not showing at night. And during daytime the taxi light objects don't appear either. As for the runway lights.... they are visible at night... though during daytime the runway light objects are not visible either. 

Objectflow is up to date and am running OrbxLibs v160321

As quoted by Alex Goff in another thread... "KBHB is not reliant on the Orbx libraries for taxiway lighting to function"... I (Franky) don't intend to install the latest OrbxLibs v160528 as I am not ready to attempt the migration process.

Currently using P3D v2.4... FTX Global and Vector both up to date. I do not use any other global scenery or mesh products.

KBHB4.jpg

KBHB2.jpg

KBHB3.jpg

KBHB4.jpg

KBHB5.jpg

KBHB6.jpg

KBHB7.jpg

KBHB8.jpg

Thanks, Franky! Indeed it does look like the objects are missing. Two things we can check off the bat, first do the objects appear at all if you change your viewing angle? Try panning around your aircraft inside and outside, perhaps it is a v2.4 camera quirk I can tease out.

If that fails to produce results, could you screenshot your airport scenery folder? It is located in (Prepar3D root)/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KBHB/scenery.

Thanks!

Hi Alex.... I tried changing my viewing angle by panning around from outside the aircraft and in the virtual cockpit but didn't see anything appear.

I have provided 2 screenshots of the directory you requested. The 2nd screenshot is just an extension of the 3 .bgl files not in view from the 1st screen shot.

Cheers

Franky

KBHBdir.jpg

KBHBdir2.jpg

Apologies for the delay, I've been travelling the past two weeks and have irregular internet access.

The folder looks intact and ok, so there's a few other things to try in that case:

-search your Prepar3D folder for any other files with "KBHB" in the name, outside the main airport folder. Perhaps there is some suppression or exclusion going on.

-if that fails to produce anything, re-running the installer is worth a try. 

If both of those fail, I'll have to dig deeper on it when I'm back from vacation on the 9th. 

There are no other KBHB related files within the P3D directory outside of orbx. I re-installed KBHB but problem still remains. Though I did some testing switching things on and off within the control panel. Here is what I found....

1. With everything enabled to highest settings (2048px aswell) and FTX Vector Compatibility enabled, cause I have Vector installed... The taxiway lights/objects still don't show.

2. I then enabled FTX OpenLC NA compatibility with everything still enabled (no other changes but with FTX Vector Compatibility disabled)... Fired up P3D... spawned at parking 7   like I always do... and the taxiway lights along with other objects (runway signage) appeared. Though when I panned to the left they disappeared. Panned to the right... they appear. Pan directly to the front... still ok. Only when I pan to the left they disappear whether I'm in the cockpit or spotted view. Funny thing is... I don't have FTX OpanLC NA and not a requirement according to the product page.

I then repeated what I did above (note 1. & 2.) just to make sure this was the case. Yes... every time I did this I would get the same results.

Hope this information will be of value to you Alex.

Cheers

Franky

Archived