Green backgrounds at desert airports

I was seeing this problem in P3D v2.5, in FSXSE (IIRC), and now in P3D v3.3. It seems that all airports located in the Desert have green grassy backgrounds, regardless of their geographic location or season. For example, here is a small airstrip in the middle of the Sahara:pJIdzf0.png 

Clearly, the background should be sandy and brown; the grassy background looks very bad and unrealistic. I've seen this problem all over, such as at LLBG in Tel Aviv and in airports across the Southwestern US. In fact, I haven't found one desert airport with a sandy background yet. Is there any way to fix this? I have the latest versions of Global and Vector installed (and all options in Vector are checked), and the latest version of P3D. Also, there are no other texture modifications (like REX 4) installed. 

Hi hamoody,

Yep, that is the standard airport background on ALL stock FSX airports.  That's one of the reasons "regions" have ALL the airports updated.  Global, Vector and OLC will not change the backgrounds for stock airports, they must be individually fixed. 

Cheers, Neil

Archived