EU Wales Scenery Config. Autogen tree placement unrealistic

chris short

Hi All

New to this. Investigating using FSX and ORBX Scenery.

EU UK Wales scenery is mostly great. But trees are being autogenerated on high morland. Black Mountains in particular.

Is there anyway of re-designating an area/polygon as a different terrain type. Or perhaps stopping autogen of trees above a certain altitude?

Chris

Apologies if this is already covered somewhere. I have searched.

This is a problem with the England scenery as well, on the Lake District fells for example.
I think an England update is coming, but I believe it is going to try to fix the Lake District by using autogen excludes on the fell tops.
Unfortunately, that is not the correct way to fix this type of problem.

The real problem is that the correct landclass wasn't used in many UK upland areas in the first place.
The UK's landscape has been heavily altered by human activity, particularly the tree cover. The original development was a bit sloppy and didn't take that fact into account when designing and assigning landclass in upland areas.

To fix this properly a suitable upland landclass needs to be used, one with the correct ground textures and without associated autogen trees and buildings. Just using an autogen exclude still leaves the incorrect underlying textures, and won't really make it look much better. Actually changing the landclass could well make the scenery some of the best around.

For the Lake District fix, the existing landclass used in much of the Alaska scenery would be a great fit...just grass and rocks.
A suitable landclass replacement probably also exists for the areas of Wales you describe, but getting these landclass fixes to be developed is another issue.

On 14/06/2016 at 6:48 PM, chris short said:

It's a real shame as everything else is so good. How can I get this fixed for wales high ground? Same treatment as Lakeland fells would be perfectly OK.

Chris

Hi,

Please consider that topic and provide as much information as possible for the request

Archived