Crash Detection at Ketchikan

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing some weird crashes when flying at Ketchikan in P3Dv3.  (To be clear, by crash I don't mean the simulator stops I mean I fly into something!) I downloaded the installation file from FSS today so it is up to date.

It has happened twice now at the same place; I take off from runway 11 in a helicopter (Cera 212 or Aerosoft Seahawk so far) and fly low and slow drifting out over the runway border and nosing slowly toward the main airport buildings, gaining height as I go - not too much but enough to be well clear of any of the buildings.  The crash happens well before I get close to the buildings.  I can't get a screenshot because by the time I crash it is too late...

I searched the forum but the only thing I got about crash detection at PAKT was from January last year.

Also, since I am here, is there any planned patch for NIR to fix the Eglinton airport bug?  It seems a bit strange that after all this time I still need to run a patch to do something as basic as stopping trees appearing all over the airport! I am asking mainly because a new wind farm has gone up that is right under the glidescope approach to Eglinton - it is quite spectacular at night - maybe it could be included in any upcoming patch...

Support people, Please ignore this reply! I have just updated my profile using the new form - this is just to check if my signature has turned out correctly!

*Edit* - Well, now I'm confused!  Is this the way it is supposed to look with the order numbers down the side? If so, how do I get rid of the order numbers in my signature? (Sorry to be stupid...)

Hi Colin,

Just one order number is fine, which ever one you choose in your Avatar on the left, staff can locate the rest in the FSS database for all your products.

To edit your Signature > click your username in the forum banner > select "Account Settings" in the Overview menu on the left > click "Signature" > the signature settings and edit pane will appear you can delete the contents of the signature edit panel or modify it with new text maybe your system specs can go here instead. Don't forget to click the "SAVE" button before returning to the Forum main page. 

There are new rules for signature, which limit the sig area to 2 lines of text + 1x 120x500pixel image + 2 links.  At least there were before JayKay resigned, but I think they have been slightly modified since.  Anyway here's the link to that topic about 2/3 down the1st post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/605-orbx-forum-terms-of-use/ 

As to the original question - regarding Crashing at Ketchikan in P3D, it is recommended to switch off crash detection in the simulator for PAKT or any other airport as the crash simulation is problematic and highly unrealistic. P3D however has more than its fair share of invisible and undetermined sources of mid air crashes where FSX has not. There has so far been no solution to what is floating up there to cause such crashes. Best to just turn Crash Detection off and enjoy your flights.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help with the signature and profile stuff and with Ketchikan

Maybe now my successful helo landing rate will go above 50%...

Archived