Palm Springs (KPSP) Elevation issues.

thecanarian

Hi,

I've just purchased the Southern California scenery and generally been flying around admiring the landscapes (even though I need to notch down the sliders over Los Angeles). But coming into land at KPSP I got a bit of a shock when the runways went missing. They were visible from a distance but from about 3 miles out kinda disappeared and when I got closer I found out why, they got buried. It was only at the last minute I thought about taking snapshots, so the image is not great but you can see the issue. Any ideas on how to fix ?

20160408144922_1.jpg

You have a duplicate afcad somewhere. Do you have FTX Vector? If so you need to run the airport elevation correction scanner after installing any new scenery. And if you have a traffic program like MyTraffic you need to disable the afcad files in their scenery folder.

19 hours ago, B77X said:

You have a duplicate afcad somewhere. Do you have FTX Vector? If so you need to run the airport elevation correction scanner after installing any new scenery. And if you have a traffic program like MyTraffic you need to disable the afcad files in their scenery folder.

Yup, I do have FTX Vector. I ran the AEC scanner and all is now as it should be.

Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, thecanarian said:

Yup, I do have FTX Vector. I ran the AEC scanner and all is now as it should be.

Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. flightsim can be complicated there are so many variables to deal with and broken scenery ruins the fun.

Archived