Black Holes In Simulator

Hello, I'm not sure why but inside my FSX there are black areas where lights should be. I have configured the lights in ORBX a few times but am unsure what is happening

a photo is linked for your help

+ can I make YouTube videos using this pay wear if I put the link to buy it in the description

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgmSsDWqQvVvaxhZUEXhqeA

BLACK LIGHTS.PNG

Hi cheotic52,

Please uncheck the Preview DX10 mode to run your FSX in DX9 standard mode, or if continued use of DX10 you must use Steve Parsons payware DX10 fixer (which has many more features) or the freeware DX10 fixer. This will resolve your black boxes.

Yes that is correct cheotic52, after unchecking the box you should restart your simulator for DX9 standard mode to be applied to the sim graphics. When and if you obtain the DX10 fixer you can safely resume DX10 mode by rechecking the box without fear of seeing the black boxes. These black boxes are a result of an incomplete/unfinished DX10 code, and are only corrected by the DX10 fixer or running in DX9 standard mode. You should see street lights in their place.

Hi cheotic52,

Not sure what you need me to look at specifically on your YT channel.

1 hour ago, cheotic52 said:

is there any difference between DirectX 9 and DirectX 10

Well the short answer is yes. There are many subtle differences, but the only significant ones are related to an improvement in FPS with DX10 and performance, depending upon your hardware capability. Eyecandy elements such as, wave action by wind, and some reflection improvements, along with shadows in cockpit, fog improvement, can cancel that performance improvement out if your PC can't handle the expectations of the user. (Be conservative with your graphics, AI traffic, Cars, boats, ships and water sliders, particularly Autogen settings).

FSX'ers who run in Preview DX10 (even without the fixer) will gain a superior performance advantage over DX9 due to the graphics handling capability of DX10, without the fixer the unfinished DX10 code will display many other graphic anomalies under normal operations, and when the system is overstressed even with DX10 eye-candy and performance benefit, particularly on a low performance D/Top PC or laptop/notebook Dual Core CPU that may not be able to Overclock, or only turbo max on single core. Unless you can achieve above 4GHz, the performance benefit will plateau and you will need to reduce your settings or your expectations. Quad core CPU and around 3.5Ghz stock is adequate OCing will deliver the rest. 

FSX / DX10 + fixer users, will gain performance along with eyecandy improvements as long as their PC hardware can deliver.

(Only you can decide where the best balance in FSX for your PC CPU/GPU/RAM hardware performs at its best) DX10 + Fixer will give you improved performance and some Eyecandy.

DX9 will give you a lower performance without some eyecandy, but everything works as it should, all addon sceneries / aircraft and texture /shader enhancements designed for FSXwork as intended.

I run my FSX sim in DX9 because I like and am happy with my setup in regards to display quality and consistent 28-32 FPS where frames are locked @32, but with the benefit of a decent GTX770oc 4GB and a i74770k overclocked to 4.6Ghz / 16Gb 2400MHz wide bandwith RAM to gulp down vast quantities of data when required. I have used FSWC to achieve a complimentary water quality + colour reflection and specular appearance, I'm also addicted to EMB series enhancements,  I don't really need cockpit shadows or improved fog display delivered by DX10.

Short list of DX10 preview mode (main issues) 3 of the most significant failings.

• Runway flicker (z-fighting)
  • Low resource & overstress (MS splash screen replaces textures on buildings, sky & cloud, tarmac)
  • Black boxes (where Orbx street Light Orbs should be)

Steve Parson's DX10 fixer, corrects these issues and many many more.

Archived