Two Computers

Guest boeingqa

Guest boeingqa

Hi guys,

l have a cheap computer which l want to hook up to my good computer. l want to use REX and FS commander on the cheap computer and network them up.

l have heard that using a second computer can help frames on FSX...

Any Help on this would be great

Also a step by step on how to hook it all up

Thanks guys

Paul

Paul  what you are proposing given the hardware you have been researching here lately is likely to have a bigger performance hit than running the application on the Flight PC to start with.

Long gone are the days of any significant performance gain by networking things like weather programs etc. the Data in out through the network connection is slower that running it locally. 

You need to have FSX Deluxe version and you need to have the SDK installed on both PC's and then make them talk via the SDK component Simconnect. You need to have the same version on both computers of the SDK (initial install is from Disk but get the updates from fsinsider.com)

There are some advantages to this option.

1. FS Inn (while it doesn't need the SDK) you can setup your Team Speak or Vatsim on the other PC so you can run the FSX on the main pc in full screen without hindrance.

2. You can fly while in full screen mode while the other PC you can make changes to the networked application which then makes changes as you fly.

3. An excellent program for this type of setup is FSWidgets freeware google look down map. Works awesome on a second pc while your flying. Like a big GPS :) There is a new version I just noticed that I hadn't seen before which supports charts too.

4. REX I believe can do it and so can Active SKY(don't have either but pretty sure most external programs with an SDK component SimConnect can do this.)

I use it to free up my screen with some applications such as FSInn and the FSWidget. It's works quite well.

Guest boeingqa

Maurice_King,

The system l`m building, are you saying its not up to the task to perform well? or are you saying l wont see much in the way of performance from having the 2 systems working together?

Thanks bud

Paul

No I'm saying that the system hardware you have been researching here l;ately will pikely perform better all on the same system than running remotely on a second PC BUT as Brad intimated the advantage is being able to manipulate while flying.

Archived