All airports disappeared on NZ South Island

Flinnt

Hi,

I have lost all of my airports including tarmacs in NZ South Island after installing NZSI. There is only empty grass where the runways should be. I have tried uninstalling according to the FAQ page and reinstalling and it didn't help. I have the latest library file and objectflow. There does not seem to be an airports folder in the NZ folder like there is in my OrbX Aus folder.

Please help, it is very frustrating to have new scenery but nowhere to take off or land.

Hi there Flinnt,

Welcome to the Orbx forum, we can't have you circling endlessly till your fuel runs out can we.  The Airports folder in the AU directory \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS is where Orbx AU region freeware airports are located. The NZ regions NI & SI do not have this folder.

For your NZSI  Region could you please make sure you have the (4 folders listed below) with their Scenery & Texture sub folders and files within (the Mesh folder only has a Scenery folder & files)

FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY
FTX_NZSI_06_CVX
FTX_NZSI_07_MESH
FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM

If these folders exist, your FTXCentral should have an Oceania group.  Could you open FTXCentral from the desktop icon,  select settings > Tools > Troubleshooting > RESYNC ORBX PRODUCTS, allow recync to complete. Then on the left  "Groups" panel, select "Oceania" and apply group > (click the blue "Apply Group" button) the Oceania group should then show "active" close FTXCentral and restart your Sim to rebuild database. load up an airfield in NZSI where you were wanting to land previously, or choose ( Nelson NZNS or Christchurch NZCH ) and check for runway apron / taxiway, etc..... If they are still not there  could you kindly take a picture with Shift+ Z /slew co-ordinates, could you also indicate which sim you are running FSX FSX:SE P3D?x?.? . Post them back here.

For screenshot posting see: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Thanks so much Jeff. I can't believe I forgot to say...I'm using FSX with the Acceleration pack.

All those folders were there with subfolders and files.

Resyncing and applying again fixed it for me! I'm still a little confused as I'm sure I tried that before.

In any case there are runways, taxiways, aprons, buildings...the lot now. Thank you.

Archived