AFCAD compatibility with ORBX AU Blue

Bluebelle

Hi,

How do I make Ray Smith's excellent YPPH AFCAD compatible with your ORBX Blue scenery without getting trees on the apron? I am using Prepar3D v3 and I don't have FTX Global or FTX Vector installed.

Thank you

2016-3-16_12-40-9-882.jpg

With all due respect to Ray Smith, I would use the OZX version by "Dennis". It has been designed to work with Australia SP4 which is the latest version of the Australian region. If you have AU Blue, you can go to your account at the Flight Sim Store and buy this version for $0.00. It is now available with an installer to suit P3D Version 3.

(By the way, Perth was never in AU Blue and how did you install AU Blue into P3d?)

Here is a link to Dennis' YPPH Perth Airport.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2092-ozx-ypph-perth-airport-wa-australia/

Cheers

Bernie

1 hour ago, bernief said:

With all due respect to Ray Smith, I would use the OZX version by "Dennis". It has been designed to work with Australia SP4 which is the latest version of the Australian region. If you have AU Blue, you can go to your account at the Flight Sim Store and buy this version for $0.00. It is now available with an installer to suit P3D Version 3.

(By the way, Perth was never in AU Blue and how did you install AU Blue into P3d?)

Here is a link to Dennis' YPPH Perth Airport.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2092-ozx-ypph-perth-airport-wa-australia/

Cheers

Bernie

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am using the default P3D airport with FTX AU SP4.

Hailey

Hello Hailey.

The only answer I can give is that Ray Smith's Afcad was designed for FSX Default. If you are using P3D with FTX AU SP4, I don't really see how ORBX can help you. I installed it in the default P3D version 3.1 (no FTX AU SP4and it appears fine to me.

Cheers

Bernie.

Hi Bernie,

I emailed ray to ask him if there was anyway he could make his AFCAD compatible with FTX AU SP4 this was his reply.. I tried the scenery that you linked me to but no buildings appear.. I found a different AFCAD that was made by Alexander Czarnecki that is compatible with FTX AU SP4.

Hailey

Hello Hailey,

Not sure I can help you here as I don't have ORBX on my PC…………..

That may be a question you have to ask at their forum,

Perhaps ORBX are placing exclusions at airports so their landclass work ok, they may also be removing the default textures and stock altitudes by putting files into the Global and World folders that override the default terrain……….

I have no idea where they place their files………………..

You could try placing the Addon Scenery to the top of the FSX priority list so it is above the Obyx files is about the only thing I can suggest to try…………..

Sorry I can't be of any help here……………..

Regards

Ray

Hello Hailey

When I installed Ray's Afcad into P3D, I put the runway and the CVX files into a scenery folder in a new Folder (Ray Smith's Perth Airport) in my P3D folder. I did not put them in the Addon Scenery folder (I have not got one in P3D V3). I then put the object file in the scenery/Global/scenery folder as per Ray's read me file. After activating Ray Smith's Perth Airport folder in the scenery library it was at the top of the order above all of the FTX files. This first image is the result. The plane is at Gate 53 at the International Terminal

The second image is zoomed in a bit. As you can see there are no trees. If you let me know what gate your original screenshot was taken from, I can do a screenshot of my setup.

I think the main trick is to have the files in the scenery library above the FTX entries. Then it should work ok. As I said earlier I have not got FTX AU SP4 installed. I am too busy in SoCal.

Cheers

Bernie

YPPH 1.jpg

YPPH 2.jpg

Archived