Terrain and texture anomaly KBJC

Hi Randall,

Welcome to the forum, do you by any chance run an addon mesh product and FTX Vector  I don't have P3D or any mesh product such as Pilots FSGlobal2010 or FSGenesis which I believe is the reason for the craters in your sim.

I run FSX + FTXGlobal Base with Default mesh in FTXGlobal areas along with FTXGlobal freeware airports, so it is a little difficult to compare directly to your screenies, although most elements of this FTXGlobal freeware airport will appear similar. 

I have had a look at KBJC in Google Earth and in my own setup at the end of Runway 20. The crater or excavation pond exists in GE, as also the steep down slope or second crater below the door pillar in your 1st picture.

Sometimes addon mesh products combined with FTXVector will try really hard to depict actual terrain features at higher resolution, often very successfully but sometimes it creates what looks like an anomaly, when infact it is showing the terrain as close to realworld as possible. These terrain features might need to be looked at by the Orbx freeware team but I'm pretty sure they are an approximate representation of the terrain while using a higher res mesh product & Vector.  

The tarmac texturing ie; runway/taxiways look OK to me, but cannot say for sure, as in FSX I use a different default texture set for runway/taxiway/apron. But If you are referring to the texture on the area between rwy 11 and 20 this is the same in my sim but is depicted as Hotel complex and carpark in GE and looks to be still earthworks construction toward the crater / drainage pond end rwy 20. 

d32dea308805148a3847e7c40053ee31.jpg

Here are some pics from my FSX sim, as you can see I don't have the crater, but I also don't have addon mesh at higher res or FTX Vector, so my screenie will look slightly different with some features and coloration.

65d5ff89b8464d5593d999b3870b7a30.jpg

cd4529f68837bdfb22a4bea59da05600.jpg

Thanks Jeff,

I really appreciate the detailed response!  I use no other mesh products.  I'm running a clean install of P3Dv3 with only Orbx Global and FTX Vector and various other Orbx products.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'll try a slightly lower mesh res, just to check if it helps. I believe we can consider this one done, and once again thanks for the explanation.

Archived