Boxed edition of Orbx FTX NA Fall City

briwar

Hello,

I have a boxed version of Fall City. My FTX Central flags up to say I need the 1.25 update. This update is not on the FTX Support page. I didn't buy my boxed version from the FlightSimStore. I purchased it a few years ago from the Flightstore here in the UK. How do I get this update? Thanks.

Regards

Briwar

18 minutes ago, briwar said:

Hello,

I have a boxed version of Fall City. My FTX Central flags up to say I need the 1.25 update. This update is not on the FTX Support page. I didn't buy my boxed version from the FlightSimStore. I purchased it a few years ago from the Flightstore here in the UK. How do I get this update? Thanks.

Regards

Briwar

Hi,

Please consider this topic which anwers to your question:

Hello Richard,

Thanks for answering my post, regarding the 1.25 update for my DVD Boxed Orbx FTX NA Eagle County Airport and for pointing me to the FSS Cross-grade offer for all Orbx DVD customers from other on-line stores. I have read the offer from FSS. It sounds very fair making a small charge of $3.95 Australian dollars to cover admin work checking and verifying customers claims. 

As this is the 1st of 2 Orbx only boxed products I have, bought from the Flightstore in the UK. I don't have the receipt any more, no doubt I could ask Flightstore for a copy of my original order number, that could be posted to me as prove of the date and price I paid. I have bought all my many other Orbx products since then via download from the Flightsimstore. It's works out much easier for me doing it that way and doesn't take up the room on any of my shelves like the boxed products do. Also it's looking more and more likely that the DVD versions will be obsolete because more and more computer manufactures seem to leave off the DVD/ CD ROM drives these days! Especially Apple.computers. I have noticed other PC manufactures are now starting to leave out the DVD ROMs. this means paying out extra for a usb portable DVD/CD ROM drive. Also if your DVD boxed Orbx product gets occidentally scratched,or damaged your stuck if it won't play. With downloading the product there's a safety fall-back, you can go to your My Account page/orders page and re-download the product again from the good old Flightsimstore should needs must. I prefer this method It's far Less hassle to do . I think I will just go and buy the download version of FTX NA Fall City this time, and use the simple download version like I have been doing for a while now with the rest of my Orbx purchased on-line products. Many thanks for your kind attention. It's very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Briwar

You can buy an external DVD/Blueray usb drive. I have several desktops and laptops without dvd rom device. The usb drive works fine for all. I'm been using one for 7 years to install OS and softwares. Removing disc drives gives more room to air and internal drives as the amount of data is spreading.

Archived