Joystick button problem

Murf Oscar

Was happily airborne from YSBC acquainting myself and experimenting with the controls of the Cessna C208B.  The YSBC scenery and that out near Temora had displayed well and had the autopilot helping out maintaining 4000.  No other autopilot features engaged.  Experimented setting up on the Temora NDB; ADF Rx selected at top of radio stack, 212 Temora set in ADF window, but no movement on direction indicator.  At this point became unable to turn aircraft with joystick and closed FSX.

To eliminate the joystick as the cause reset it to factory defaults and reprogrammed buttons which I had added to the FSX default settings.  In the process experimented with the sliders in the settings available on the main menu.  On restarting FSX found YSCB scenery totally downgraded as per snip below.  Being outside YSCB CTA when the turning problem occurred reinstalled FTX SP4 but problem continued.  Reinstalled YSBC, adjusted settings in accordance with User Guide recommendation, and scenery displayed perfectly.

Have a residual problem however.  All buttons on the joystick but one are executing their intended function.

The exception is executing the intended action of another button!

Particularising, Button 9 is assigned to "Rudder trim (left)".  The entry against this function is "^ Button 9".  No repeat slider is provided.  Pressing this button invokes the function assigned to Button 2 "Next View".

Button 10 is assigned to the companion function "Rudder trim (right)" and that is working perfectly, click by click which is my preference.  Likewise for Button 2.

Two requests.  What does the "^" alongside "Button 9" signify, how do I correct its misfunctioning?

Cheers,

Murf Oscar

YSCB GA Parking.PNG

Clarifying "What does the "^" alongside "Button 9" signify"?

When assignig buttons in FSX the entry is usually "Button n" where n is the button number.  When assigning buttons for Rudder trim (left} and (right) the entry was immediately preceded by "^", eg "^Button n".  Hence my question "What does the "^" signify?

Cheers,

Murf Oscar

Button 9 problem resolved by reloading FSX-SE, SP4, FTX AU YSCB, and deleting existing button 9 assignment to Rudder trim (left) and assigning button 9 once again to this same function.

By trial and error discovered that the "^" signifies that the "Do action when key is released" box has been ticked.

Case closed.

Cheers,

Murf Oscar

Archived