CZST Stewart invisible building crashes

troye

Does anyone know how to get ORBX developers to remove the global crashbox from their scenery? I have had a similar problem with Bella Coola and posting in the forums does not help as i had no response after more than two weeks. The crashbox at Stewart is even more rediculous as you cannot even fly straight down the runway past the airport buildings without crashing into something invisible.

I know nothing about scenery development but doing a bit of research i found some freeware developers saying that it happens when a group of objects are exported from GMax to the xml file format. The crashbox must then be edited, otherwise a global crashbox will be created for the group which extends beyond the boundaries of the objects.

So, it seems that whoever did the Bella Coola and Stewart scenery was just too lazy to finish his work. I like to fly with crash detection on and i know there are many others who like that too. ORBX does such fantastic work on their sceneries, is it really that much more effort to remove a crashbox? 

Archived