KVTL Lake Tahoe no buildings after trying suggestions

FSXaddict

I have installed Lake Tahoe and have found that I have the dreaded "no airport buildings" issue. I have read the support forums and have tried all of the staff suggestions that I could find - hopefully I didn't miss anything - but I am still not seeing any airport buildings. Here is my settings and what I've tried:

FSX SE DX10

Windows 10 / i7-3770k @4.2GHZ / 8gb ram / Nvidia GTX 980

REX Essential+

Installed ORBX scenery:

FTXNCA       FSS0453753 

Lake Tahoe  FSS0453735 

FTXPNW      FSS0052087

FTX Central 2

I have downloaded and installed all service packs for the above scenery

I have downloaded and installed 151213

What I've tried, in order:

I installed PNW and service packs

I selected "North America" in FTX Central

I installed NCA and updated with patch001

I selected "North America" in FTX Central

I installed Lake Tahoe and updated using OrbxFTXKTVL110

I installed ORBXlibs151213

I attempted the fix by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and running Module Installer

I right-clicked on ObjectFlow.dll and verified it is version 1.0.10.3

I ensured all scenery sliders were at the recommended settings or above.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you, in advance, for any help.

Matt

This is really an issue that I need to address in a patch soon!

You seem to have done everything that you should've, so try this:

(make sure you have hidden folders enabled): go to Local Disk/User/(Your user name)/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX.

Open up your dll.xml with notepad, and check that you have this exact entry:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If not, or if it reads  <Disabled>True</Disabled>, make a backup of the dll.xml, then open it up and add the entry above, or change the Disabled entry to False.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers, Misha

Well, I fixed it. I haven't had my PNW scenery installed since I switched to FSX-SE and I just bought the NCA and KVTL sceneries. After taking what Blaunarwal said and thinking about what you said about the dll.xml, I took a closer look and at my folder (Local Disk/User/(Your user name)/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX) and noticed that I actually had two FSX folders in Appdata/Roaming. One was the FSX folder and the other was an FSX-SE folder.  I opened the FSX-SE folder and there was only one file in there--a dll.xml. I opened it and saw the above string. So--there were two dll.xml files on my system and both had the same string. I wasn't sure if that was what was causing my issue so I uninstalled/re-installed my sceneries. As I was installing the ORBXlibs, I noticed that when the module installer began to run, it was directing the objectflow to be installed into Local Disk/User/(Your user name)/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX-SE folder instead of just the FSX folder. Once I reinstalled the scenery, I moved the dll.xml file to the FSX folder and deleted the FSX-SE folder. I then started FSX and got the objectflow prompt and clicked "run". I loaded KTVL and --boom-- the buildings were there. So, it seems my system was having an issue with the install path of the module installer/placement of the dll.xml file. It doesn't make sense to me why, even though there were two, the correct one wasn't loading. Either way, it's working now. Thank you both for the help.

Matt

Archived