Does SP3 DVD require SP2 installed first?

sightseer

This is probably a silly question but my mind has stopped being cooperative after spending several hours installing FTX related items in prepartion for the SP3 DVD.

I got to the point of installing Oz_2.1 and I read the readme and it says it requires FTX updated to SP2.

It took me several hours to download Oz2.1 and 2.2 and now it seems I cant use what I downloaded. 

Does the SP3 DVD require SP2 to be installed?  It doesnt seem likely but if it does, Ill go ahead and install it and then continue installing Oz2.1 and Oz2.2.  If it doesnt then Ill just wait and redownload SP3 compatible versions of Oz2.1 and Oz2.2 when available.

so... does the SP3 DVD require SP2?

and also: do Oz2.1 and Oz2.2 really require FTX SP2 or can I install over top of the original versions of FTX(blue, gold, green and red)?  Id like to go ahead andf just install Oz2.1 1nd 2.2 and then put the SP3 over top of it.

Hey Mate

To start with i'll just clear up some terminology, because there are three products ending in X.

We have default FSX

The ORBX products FTX

and the freeware airports Ozx

For both Ozx and FTX to work your FSX system needs to be updated to FSX sp2.  (if you dont you will get some strange transperancy issues in OZx plus other little gremlins)

Ozx does not need ORBX FTX to work, it simply fits alot better with FTX installed(and is designbed with FTX Land Class in mind) .  In terms of the Ozx airfields it doesnt matter wether you have FTX sp1,sp2 or sp3 installed, you may notice howevere that SP1 is not as accurate as sp3 nor does it have the same texture sets.  Installing FTX sp3 will not affect Ozx at all, except poissibly changing the scenerey order in your scenery library.

Ozx will be working towards a new release soon that will take into account the recent changes in FTX sp3, so dont wait for it, it is already compatibile with FTX sp3 you just mioght see small further improvements in ther next Ozx release

So in short install Ozx 2.1 and 2.2 and you can install the ORBX ftx sp3 after if you like, that is how I did it, installed OZx early this year and added ORBX FTX sp3 over the top the other day.  They are separate packages  :) :)

Archived