FSX SE FTX Global installation issue

I've recently decided to come back to flight simming and am trying to move from FSX boxed to the Steam version. 

Reading online the general consensus of opinion seemed to say that the best thing to do was uninstall all addon products and then to uninstall FSX boxed before installing FSX SE and reinstalling all addons - so this is what I've done. 

The first addon I tried reinstalling was FTX Global so I redownloaded the allocation, unzipped it and ran the application as administrator. I got as far as selecting 'FSX:SE(in parallel with FSX:boxed' (the only option available) but when I then clicked next I got the following error message (see picture). 

I'm guessing it's because I don't have the boxed edition installed any more but how do I get passed this with just the Steam edition installed? 

image.png

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:58 PM, Chrisinnewark said:

Issue is now solved. When I tried installing again it worked fine - I guess I just needed to reboot my PC to fix the issue.

I saw the same msg, but restating computer did nothing for me. What else did you do besides restarting?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:58 PM, Chrisinnewark said: Issue is now solved. When I tried installing again it worked fine - I guess I just needed to reboot my PC to fix the issue.

I saw the same msg, but restating computer did nothing for me. What else did you do besides restarting?

I didn't restart the computer, I reran the installation program and that fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with this error no matter what I do.

I followed exactly the workaround posted by merlinux in the sticky section and edited the registry, and I end up with this msg.

Here is the screen shot. How do I contact support?

ftx fiix did not work.PNG

Archived