Installation Questions

SimCaesar

I've just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and P3D V3 on my PC. I've gone and downloaded the seven Orbx regions I've purchased through the FlightSim Store. I read the Installation Guide and perused the FAQ page but I still have some questions. I think I can guess the answers to some of these questions but given the time and hassle of installing a fresh OS I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly and as cleanly as possible. I've previously used FSX:SE in Windows 8.1 and installed everything piecemeal; this will be the first time I'm installing so much stuff from scratch.

1) If I downloaded the regions from the FlightSim Store today, do I need to worry about also installing service packs? For example, Northern Rockies service pack info says I don't need to install Service Pack 004 if I downloaded the "triple installer" from the FlightSim Store (I assume I did), but it doesn't have this notice for Service Pack 005. In this case should I install (only) Service Pack 005 or does the latest download from the FlightSim Store already include this in the install?

2) If I do need install services packs that don't have the "triple installer" notice, do I need to install all of the service packs? For example, Northern California has two service packs 001 and 002. Should I install each of these in order, or will 002 cover everything?

3) Will I need to install the latest Orbx libraries if I downloaded the regions from the FlightSim Store today?

4) Is it better to install each region individually, then run P3D and check it, then go back and install the next region, or should I just install all seven at once?

5) If I do need to install the latest libraries separately AND install the regions individually, should I re-install the latest libraries every time I install a new region?

Archived