Base, OpenLC, Vector

harpsi

Hi

Since Christmas and new year were very generous to me,I bought all those three products for FSX. Do I need a sort of mesh as well it can I live with only those 3 products and, above them, regions, if they exist, and airports from any payware company?

harpsi

Hi Harpsi

You already have a mesh built in your  sim. It is a bit coarse though and a third party mesh with a finer grain will make your flying experience more realistic. You don't *need* one but having one is recommended if you fly areas where the relief is an important feature of the landscape . Mountains will be sharper, less rounded for instance.

To understand how Global, OLC, Vector, regions and airports work together, I advise you to read the "OrbX Guide" which you will find in FTX Central .If there is anything not clear enough, come back with your specific questions ;) !

Happy new year of simming !

I found a lot of places where the default mesh was more than a little wanting. While I'm okay with coarse mountains and hills, I have a big problem where the mesh puts rivers on the side of hills and tilts lakes. That was too much for me, especially in otherwise lovely Orbx landscapes. So for me at least, a better mesh was a very high priority. Where you fly can make a big difference though. All meshes, from the default through to the priciest options will have places where there are better and worse than their overall baseline. So it's really up to you. I'd certainly find out for yourself how things go without a mesh, and add it if/when you feel it's necessary.

Hi

I can notice that at RPLL I have no AI aircraft and my aircraft ir under the ground... It happened after installing the 3 products. Before that, everything was correct.

How can I correct this issue?

harpsi

1 hour ago, harpsi said:

Hi

FS Global 2010 is still a lot of gigabites... I 

a good mesh cannot but be very large as it samples the height on earth every 10 (the best) to 76 m or more. G2010 is big but is has a "brother"  5 times bigger, around 100-odd Gb. The issue is not so so much the size (the HD Gb is cheap now)  but  they have a great number of small files which slow the initial loading. A SSD is recommended.

28 minutes ago, harpsi said:

Hi

I can notice that at RPLL I have no AI aircraft and my aircraft ir under the ground... It happened after installing the 3 products. Before that, everything was correct.

How can I correct this issue?

harpsi

Open FTX Central/Settings/Tools/.FTX Global Vector Configuration tools/AEC tab . After any install you must run the automatic configuration. Don't forget to hit apply before leaving.

Hi guys,

I also bought exactly the same products: FTX Global base, OpenLC Europe and Global Vector.

Now I ordered FS Global Bundle from Pilots, I did not open the case yet, because I am not sure if this makes sense. I still can send it back.

Anyone can help me?

Thx in advance.

Hi Dominique, it's not really a problem. My question is, is that the correct product I bought, does it fit to the three other products?

I was looking for a mesh which works together with  Global base, OpenLC Europe and Global Vector.

The price for FS Global Bundle from Pilots was around 100€, so I wan't to double check if it really makes sense.

Both the Global and Ultimate meshes from Pilot's work very well with the Global+Vector+OpenLC EU combo that I own too along with the Ultimate.

The Ultimate is much larger and expensive but more precise. Both have, as I undertand, the same flaws.

Archived