Missing major highways Order #FSS0446634

Smalltownbrown

Hello, 
Order #FSS0446634 
After recently installing NA Canada/Alaska pack after a long absence. I was prompted to install FTX Central 2. I have since gone through and updated all the items in need of update including updating the new Vectors and ORBX Libs. I've re-run the configuration for Vector after installing the new scenery. I've applied Global in Hybrid mode yet am getting the image below when flying over Toronto. Everything looks good except for these missing highways. Help please :(

zY0gX4d.jpg

Hey, 

No I deleted it and didn't re-install. I don't think it effected it either because I went to another area and the same problem persists. Something is wrong with my vector data. Just not sure what? I've updated from 1.20 to 1.30 and then to 1.35. I've re-run the autoconfig and everything else is up to date?

I agree it's missing textures. I have a feeling it has to do with Vectors. I am redownloading vectors to try and install again and will install the NA Canada/Alaska Open LC again. If it persists after that I am out of ideas. 

I have installed the most recent libraries as well. 

I saw another thread with this same issue and the person remained unanswered. 

Hi There Smalltownbrown,

There is a pinned topic in the Vector subforum stating that installing v1.2 should resolve missing roads,http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70833-missing-roads-or-some-textures-ensure-you-have-ftx-global-v12-patch-installed/  but as Vector is now @ v1.35 I wonder if you already had all previous updates before installing the latest.

50 minutes ago, Smalltownbrown said:

I've reinstalled Open LC NA. I will try Vectors again. Does FTX staff typically respond to a request like this?

I should think they would, but it has only been 3hrs since your initial Topic was created, sometimes posts are answered quickly and others are usually answered by staff within 24hrs.

It may help staff to make direct comparison to your screenshots if you had enabled co-ordinates (Shift+Z), could you possibly state which AP in the first shot and Lat/Lon for the second shot.

As a starter to resolving your missing Vector roads can you make sure you have FTXGlobal selected and "apply Group" following the (1.35 Vector update) in FTXC and also make sure you have your Insertion points "OLC and Vector"  in the correct position. Good to see that you have already updated the Orbx Libs after Vector 1.35 update.

I'm sure the team will be along shortly.

Hi Jeff,

I trust that your help and others will solve my issue. I'm just overly anxious. 

My previous version of vectors was 1.20 before I updated to 1.30 and subsequently 1.35. Perhaps I'm missing a update?

I would've provided coordinates for the screenshots except I loaded up multiple locations and was experiencing the same issue so wanted to avoid having the team see if they missed a specific location. 

Not sure what you mean by selected? I've applied the group but will need guidance on correcting the insertion points. Screenshot below for my FTXC

kBkX85v.jpg
Thanks for your help thus far, I'm sure my issue will be resolved

Hi Smalltownbrown,

No need to be anxious it'll get solved and you will be happy as a dog with 2 tails.

"Selected" ? should have said "Active" a much more accurate description.

Co-ordinates in screenies is always best, as it can often cut down on the time factor when defining a config issue, as opposed to a potential scenery omission, but rigorus team testing would eliminate the likelihood of such omissions from the general scenery, yours looks like a config issue.

Here's another one to try - uncheck Hybrid > then "Cycle" FTXC groups - meaning Select NorthAmerica group > click Apply group to make Active > then re-select FTXGlobal group without Hybrid checked > then click Apply group to make Global Vector & OLC Active once more.

For Scenery library insertion points (Member "Voyager" has a great little graphic flow chart, showing where the FTX, OLC, & Vector entries should be in your FTXC library Insertion points.

See this thread for Voyager's graphic flow chart in ( post #ID:2) http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107329-insertion-points/?do=findComment&comment=966404

Would it be possible to take a picture of your current Insertion points Just to confirm they have the correct ordering.

Hey again, Jeff

I tried cycling the groups and unchecked hybrid. That did not work. Although, coordinates would help I'm sure this would've been identified based on the airport and that it's basically all of major Ontario airports. I'm sure this isn't a local issue. If you feel it's necessary I will get the coordinates for the screenshots if further methods don't prove successful.

As far as my insertion points go. This is the setup from my FTXC2.

wkXo1bh.png

One note: When I installed NA Canada/Alaska Open LC it didn't open my FTXC2 to set to Global. I'm guessing this was because I had an old version of FTC. Anyway, after I installed the Open LC again it opened FTXC2 and checked to see it was on Global. 

I'm wondering if the gap between 1.20 vector and 1.30 may be an issue or if the original install missing the ftxc2 global verification may have caused a problem. 

Hi Again Smalltownbrown,

pretty much looks ok there, with the exception of those 5 "Flight Ontario" entries, they should be above FTX and OLC in the list. As most addon scenery/AP's should be, unless otherwise instructed by the designer.

You can click and drag FTX and OLC entries individually in the present sequence (yellow above blue),  to the position just above "Edwards_AFB"  then the 5 Flight Ontario entries will be above Orbx stuff.

Once you have the order corrected click "Save Changes" exit FTXC and  retest FSX in the scenery area or AP.

If this does not rectify the issue then we might need to wait for staff to respond to your Topic.

Hey Jeff,

I tried your suggestion and while it did make an improvement to stuff I didn't notice before. It has not rectified the missing highway textures. I appreciate your help and patience and will see what can be resolved from the continued efforts of this thread. I'm going to try installing vectors again (this may solve the gap between 1.20 and 1.30?) Either way, thanks again. 

Archived