Serge Courbet

These products are installed :
FTX Global Base Pack
FTX Global Vector
FTX OpenLC Europe & NA
FTX England & Scotland
FTX Norway
FTX ORBXlib 13-12-15

When I'm launching FSX and I select an airfield in Scandinavia (Norway - Sweden or Finland), FSX crashes in the middle of the downloading of the scene.
This issue doesn't appear with an airfield in England, Scotland or on non FTX scenes. Same if FTX Europe is not selected.

Could you help me to return Scandinavia from the Walhalla where she got lost ? 

thank you for your help

Hi,

Can you please provide le content of the error when crashing FSX ?  To get that log from Windows event viewer, proceed as follow:

1 - Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer (Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation).

2 - Click on Application event log in the left pane.

3 - Locate a red icon with date corresponding to your crash.
    4 - Double-click an event to view the details of the event
    5 - Paste here the content of the error.

If you have several errors very close in time, the oldest is probably the culprit of the issue.

indeed. I found more error reports on fsx. For Most of them, the faulting module is g2d.dll and one with terrain.dll as defaulting module.

The report I sent you was created when I started fsx with the ultralight by microsoft.

My extra planes are from captainsim, aerosoft (airbus X), pmdg (737/747) and carenado's aircrafts

Regards 

Serge

Very strange. FTX Products don't change any dll into the core of FSX. I have a terrain.dll into the root directory dated from 26/06/2007.

Check if you have terrain.dll into your installation. If not, it maybe corrupted par a virus and deleted by the antivirus scanner.

Also check if your antivirus security level is not too high. Dll are sensitive files and can be considered as attack anytime they are executed by FSX.

well, very strange indeed. 

File terrain.dll is in the fsx root (date 2007)

I'll check the antivirus but it's working for a while without any problem . This issue appears when ftx norway was installed. Before posting the message I tried to install FTX Scotland and it works perfectly.

No. First I installed FTX Global Base and the FTX Central2 downloaded and installed the ORBXlibs. Then I installed the global vector, openLC Europe & NAmerica and England and last , Norway.

As ORBlibs were installed first, I did not again. In the ftx central tools - installed orbx products, I can read that "FTX AA ORBX Libraries ver 151213 13TH December 2015" is installed

It's better to install ORBXlibs in final anytime you install a FTX Products because some installers carry older files which can replace the latest ones. That's not good

No need to uninstall because there are no special entries into the registry of Windows. What you can do:

1/repair your FSX with DVD1

2/Install again your ORBX addons

3/Install ORBXlibs

Archived