FTX EU (England/Scotland/Wales) - low frames/stutters on P3D V3

Xams

I'm running P3D V3 with FTX Global, FTX Vector, OpenLC Europe and FS Global 2010 FTX Edition, causing no noticeable problems such as exceptionally low frame rates (they usually hover in the 20-40 FPS range depending on the region and weather) or stutters. However, for low and slow VFR flights, I recently purchased and installed FTX England, FTX Scotland and FTX Wales. Unfortunately, when I load up these regions (in full, not hybrid mode) and start at, say, Liverpool (England), Dundee (Scotland) or Cardiff (Wales), frames drop really low, into the 10-20 FPS region, especially when approaching the airport or scenery such as the Tay Bridge. The problem is less severe but still noticeable further away from cities/airports.

Autogen is set to Dense, Scenery to Very Dense. However, the FTX regions are still laggy (albeit less) even when I turn down all P3D settings. Again, FTX Global seems to be performing much better.

My system specs are as follows:

Windows 10

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.50GHz

GPU: 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3

RAM: 8GB Single Channel

P3D is installed on a 931GB Western Digital WDC HDD.

Any solutions/advice?

I think it is related to the airport/related scenery as the stutters seem to be far worse there. cross country seems to be fine. At Dundee, I get 30 FPS for one or two seconds then it drops down to 5-15 for another two seconds, especially when panning around, viewing the airport or the Tay Bridge. Strangely enough, it seemed to be fine yesterday, when I first tried out the scenery, but today (after a computer restart) it is basically unplayable. Again these problems only occur with FTX EU, FTX Global is fine.

Diagnostic Report ID: ot357d9b8c4140892a1850d5ee80aecdfb

This is not too dissimilar to my own experiences. The large cities can be murder on frame rates. In the end for me, I simply have a separate graphics profile I run for flying near places like London. It can take a while to find the right settings to ensure you get satisfactory frame rates in really dense areas, especially those that also have multiple large airports in the area complicating things, even if the airports are just the default versions.

I deleted the shader cache and restarted my PC, which solved the problem for me. Now FTX EU is as fluent as FTX Global when active.

EDIT:

It solved it for me - only temporarily however. Now it is back, and another PC restart did not resolve it. It's baffling! Do I need to delete the shader cache every time I do a PC restart and want to use FTX EU?

Archived