Problem with night lighting

Dreirie

Hey guys!

Today I installed p3d v3 and ofcourse also ORBX Global.

However I encounter a weird / strange problem.

Looks like my night lighting isn't correct (see image below).

As you can see, roads light a little up, but it's not like feels "real", which I deffinatly had in p3d v2.5

FYI: I have ticked the box 'vector road lights' + this pic is taken over Brussels, so if you want to compare with your system, go ahead.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks in advance!

Knipsel.PNG

Dreirie, that looks horrible indeed. Have you tried configuring vector lights already? Maybe it helps: 

Go to FS Central  --> Settings (left lower corner) 

Select TOOLS  and then Configure Vector Lights

Hope it works!

18 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Dreirie, that looks horrible indeed. Have you tried configuring vector lights already? Maybe it helps: 

Go to FS Central  --> Settings (left lower corner) 

Select TOOLS  and then Configure Vector Lights

Hope it works!

Hey Pegaso, thanks for your quick answer!

However I don't have the option "Configure Vector Lights"

Knipsel.PNG

Hi Dreire

To get the global lights configurator you need to go here https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware and download and install it. Scroll down and it's right near the bottom under freeware utilities.

If that doesn't work here's another couple of suggestions:

First, do you have your autogen vegetation turned up - I think that is the setting that controls how many lights you see displayed.

Second, try re-applying the region you are using in FTX Central. I guess you are using Global so click on that in the left-hand box and then click apply which should appear on the right-hand side towards the top.

Actually here is a third suggestion too: have you downloaded and installed the library files? If not grab them from here https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs install them and then re-apply the region as mentioned above.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Cheers

Stu.

Well guys, it has been fixed.

After I created this topic I decided to reinstall it. However I found a older installation (120) back on my SSD, so I tried this.

Well not it seems to work. (Look image below)

So it might be an error or something with the installer (140) that I used the first time on p3d v3.

Although thanks a lot to responds this quick, highly appreciated!

Knipsel.PNG

Great, glad it's working now. But I am using the new installer on P3Dv3 and it is working alright for me. Just made a flight over Brussels and all the lights were there as expected. Anyway as long as it's working for you now that's the important thing.

Cheers

Stu.

• 4 months later...

Ya having the same isssue but in FSX SE.When I reinstalled FSX and obviously FTXG this problem came up... I only have road lights, no other lights. Autogene settings are maxed out, FTX config is instaLLED. Please need help

20160402162526_1.jpg

20160404223807_1.jpg

Archived