Scenery order and compatibility

park86

I have installed several add on scenery files over the years.  My system was originally set up by Michael Greenblat who some of you may remember.  He is now deceased but he got me up and running pretty well.  We installed UTX GEX and FS Global.  I have since installed FTX and FTX Vector.  The order in my scenery.cfg is as follows beginning bottom to top per the Scenery Config Editor tool.  

Priority 258-257 Default Terrain and Scenery

256-161 Base

160-156 ORBX VECTOR AEC.EXX.CVX.APT,OBJ

155-150 FS Global Ultimate

149 FS Global 2010 Asia

148 FS Global Ultimate Asia

147 FS Global 2010 Oceania

146 FS Global Ultimate Oceania

145 FS Global 2010 Local Meshes

144 AFM Aerodrome Flattening Meshes (not active)

143 - 128 GEX (I think)

127 Addon Scenery

126 - 122 GEX (I think)

121 UT Exclusions for Default Scenery

120 UT Landclass vegetation

119 - 115 Scenery tech 

114 - 85 UTX

84 - 83 MegaSceneryX Socal & Vegas

82 - 80 ORBX BASE - NAMERICA1-ERUPOP1

79- 37 FTX

36 - 4 Various addon airports

3 - 1 OZX_NA, LIB, AUS

I tried to take a screenshot of the Scenery Config screen but I had to do it in 4 parts and even 1 file exceeds the limit here.  Maybe I am missing something so any help there would be appreciated.

My primary question and concern is that I probably have many overlaps or at least some and I am not sure what to disable and/or uninstall.  I like ORBX so if there is a conflict the other one goes.  I read where ORBX and UTX don't mix but then I read where ORBX simply overlays and fills in blanks so I am not sure what to do and can quickly reach my level of incompetence.  

Another question is regarding FTX Vector Airport tool.  When I first ran it there were only a few airports in the Enable area and none in the Disable area. I went into FTX Central then back to the tool and both areas were populated so I added some add on airports i.e. KLAS and KDEN in the Disable area and all is well for the moment.  I am afraid to run the tool because it will unpopulate those again I think.  How do you get that back. 

I apologize in advance for what some may feel are stupid questions but believe I have read the manuals and cannot find answers.  Help straightening out my Scenery files will be greatly appreciated.

Archived