FTX England Won't Install

Hi,

I recently purchased FTX England and am having trouble installing it on my machine. After downloading the product, I have extracted it to a temporary folder and then begun the installation process. The unwrapping process works fine and I get the message to not click "finish" until the installer has finished. The installer then opens, but it sits on the "Preparing to install... Checking file conditions..." box with the blue bar bouncing up and down but nothing happens. I left it on this screen for over 12 hours and nothing further happened. 

I am running windows 10 (64 bit).

Many thanks,

Sam.

Hi,

I recently purchased FTX England and am having trouble installing it on my machine. After downloading the product, I have extracted it to a temporary folder and then begun the installation process. The unwrapping process works fine and I get the message to not click "finish" until the installer has finished. The installer then opens, but it sits on the "Preparing to install... Checking file conditions..." box with the blue bar bouncing up and down but nothing happens. I left it on this screen for over 12 hours and nothing further happened. 

I am running windows 10 (64 bit).

Many thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Did you resolve your problem?

If not, you must know that under Windows 10, Smartscreen warning is activated by default. That means anytime you execute a program, there is a warning message asking you if you want to stop or to go on like below:

W10_SmartScreen-Filter.png

If you don't answer, the process is hung then killed after a long long long time.

So tick on "Run anyway" to install your scenery :)

Don't forget to suspend the antivirus process in the meantime because it has the same behaviour than Smartscreen with programs

Archived