regarding ORBX demo

wizza52

HI all!,.... hope im in the right place to ask this query!

i have been trying to install the free demo of the North west & KHQM Bowman airfield.

Im sure ive done it correctly  (it doesnt seem like rocket science to me) but it most definately has not made any difference on my FSX when i go to the area and fly.

I just want to try the demo before i go ahead and buy Orbx global which im very keen about and see if it works ok on my computer.

I must have not done something quite right.

So you know, I have pressed the orbx button and selected "apply"

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers!

Dave 

Hi Dave:

Welcome to the forum! :)

So could you kindly describe what you've actually done? You've downloaded the file from the web site and then what? I don't recall any of the "orbx buttons" to press or to "apply". The installer should do the installing for you. Also download and install the latest libraries, when done.

Hi Vlad thanks so much for your fast reply!

Sorry, my mistake, I meant to write "north west" button and apply...

But what I have embarrassingly not realised is that when the button is not lit, its actually selected!!! (I know!! That's confusing hey)

Anyway I have it working just fine now.

It looks fantastic of course, I'm just wary about wether my 2.4gz computer with 6 gig of ram and nvidia 5700 series (1gig) graphics card is sufficient for the global version..

I'm tempted to try it though

Regards...Dave

No prob, Dave! :)

I'm running all on my older (old?) laptop with no major problems, but your GPU may be on the weaker side.

Fortunately you're looking at FTX Global base (?) and this is a world wide texture replacement. Thus no impact on FPS, just a huge texture enhancement from what MS had in the FSX. Even if you purchase the OLC Europe or NA you shouldn't have any major problems.

Thank you Vlad for your replies to my questions...

I had to look up what a GPU was (still not sure really) but I'll check it out..and also what LC meant!! (Land class) which I do understand now.

So, im going to go ahead with the base orbx. As for price...it surely is an absolute bargain considering the development of this product!!

Thanks a lot my friend..

Dave.

Archived