AI planes flying into the trees

wrloomis

I have base, vector and all 4 of the US west coast regions and 14 orbx airports. I also use VoxATC and My Traffic 6. On several airports, like Falls City or Darrington, the AI planes that seem to be doing touch and goes keep flying too low, through the trees on the final. I have run the vector elevation tool (and the voxatc index tool) and have the latest object library.  How can I fix this? Thanks. 

My favorite small airport as an aside is the WA79 Walter Sutton private strip. It is challenging to land the A2A C172 from the south given how close the trees and power lines are and a short grass runway. I love the detail, incredible. People, animals, sounds, scenery detail on the farm. Great job. 

The AI engine in FSX/P3d isn't exactly intelligent, it doesn't handle valleys, steep approaches or obstacles on approach. An approach that we find tough is essentially impossible for AI to complete properly. It's just best off to just turn a blind eye to it's limitations and keep on flying.

I often see AI Q400's stuck in the mountains while operating around Aspen and Eagle County.

Archived