FTX Global not displaying

Wmrdj9

Hello Alex, my name is William and I have been experiencing problems with my FTX global base pack. The only FTX program I could afford was FTX Global Base which was very expensive and I expected to get my moneys worth of 100$. However I have recently done a lot of testing with the program and noticed that it is doing nothing to my textures. I am not really sure if it is doing anything to my autogen scenery either. The only effect I seem to be having with it is the night time lights. I use FTX Global in conjunction with REX Essentials Plus Overdrive, I have installed their freeware software and texture pacts provided by the program (I know FTX is compatible with most 3rd party programs however maybe one of the textures I installed is messing something up). In conclusion I am only seeing one improvement running FTX on FSX (not prepare 3D if that helps) the lights otherwise the texture is exactly the same as the default even if I turn the Orbx textures off there is no change in the look. I have looked at numerous videos and pictures of Orbx and I am just not getting the same results. If you can offer any help on the subject let me know as soon as possible. As you can tell I am very concerned about this texture problem (maybe I checked the wrong settings or something).

Some extra details are that I run on DX 9, have latin VFR San Diego, Captain Sim 707 I also have some freeware scenery and tons of freeware planes. I also haven't unchecked anything in the scenery library and I have set the priorities for the orbx stuff to the top with global base listed last of the 5 features that came with the pack.

Best Regards,

William M.

Hello William,

I've split your post off into a new topic in the support forum for easier location.

First thing, have you installed the Orbx libraries (https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs)? If so, would you mind posting a screenshot of any location in-sim with FTX Central set to "Global"?

Here are instructions for posting a screenshot: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Archived