FTX Central installation error message, first time install FTX Global

RSAviator

I just purchased and attemped to install FTX Global Base pack into Prepa3D.  The installer said that it installed, but toward the end of the install proccess it tried to open FTX Central and I got an error message, "Could not find the file 'G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\terrain.cfg'."  I seached the support forum posts and found nothing helpful.  Please advise.

With the 2.5 service pack for Prepar3D the terrain.cfg file location was moved and the older version of FTX Central included with it cannot find the location. Download and install the latest libraries (https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs) to patch FTX Central, and it should also install FTX Central V2 which is much improved on top of performing all the functions of the original FTX Central which is now deprecated.

Regards,

Alex

Same problem here, after purchased the product and install the LIB mentioned above, FTX Global Base just does not install at all with that error. 

This is quite frustrating for a hundred bucks product that doest not install out of the box. 

What is the solution?

The file downloaded is 1.30 (TODAY).

(order #FSS0411895)

If it reaches FTX Central with the terrain.cfg error then Global has finished installing, it's just opening up an older version of FTX Central. Install the libraries, re-open FTX Central (or FTX Central V2 as that is now installed), and apply "Global".

You have to provide a full, complete and detailed anwser. Sorry, I don't intend to be rude. I'm installing this for the very first time in a fresh system. Don't have anything except the FTA Global that I just purchased, and your install file is not working properly.

Please give me a step by step guide to fix this.

No worries, here's the steps:

1. Run the installer downloaded from FSS, you've already done this and it has most likely completed successfully. If you'd like to install again it will do no harm, just be aware that if you make another backup it will overwrite the previous one which contains your default textures

2. Download the Orbx libraries (https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs), unzip, and install. Once they have completed you may re-open FTX Central, click the "Global" button, and hit apply. The terrain.cfg error is caused by an older version of FTX Central not being able to locate the new location that was changed with Prepar3D 2.5. When the installer finishes FTX Central is intended to run so it can insert all of the requisite new terrain entries into the config file, everything is already installed and once FTX Central is updated it will be able to find the terrain.cfg file and perform this task.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions

No worries, here's the steps:

1. Run the installer downloaded from FSS, you've already done this and it has most likely completed successfully. If you'd like to install again it will do no harm, just be aware that if you make another backup it will overwrite the previous one which contains your default textures

2. Download the Orbx libraries (https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs), unzip, and install. Once they have completed you may re-open FTX Central, click the "Global" button, and hit apply. The terrain.cfg error is caused by an older version of FTX Central not being able to locate the new location that was changed with Prepar3D 2.5. When the installer finishes FTX Central is intended to run so it can insert all of the requisite new terrain entries into the config file, everything is already installed and once FTX Central is updated it will be able to find the terrain.cfg file and perform this task.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions

Thanks a lot!

Everything is working now.

Thank you Alex for an very rapid response to my inquiry.  I downloaded and installed the libraries as you suggested and the new FTX Central worked perfectly!  Problem solved!  I did have the original shortcut to the old FTX Central still on the desktop after the install and had to delete it and use the new one, just in case someone forgets and uses the older one. 

Thanks again! 

Archived