Blurry Textures in terrain regions

UAL6532

Hello and first off I do apologize if there already is a topic discussing this. A link to the fix will be fine as well. First off, I am having an issue with the terrain regions. I have Australia and Europe installed. When I have FTX central set on Global, I have no issues. When I change to one of the terrain regions, I get blurry textures, as in they are taking their time to load. When I leave a region, and switch back to global, I have no issues. I put my settings on the recommended settings in the ORBX documents. I am not sure if some of my scenery's are conflicting with each other.  Below is a list of the scenery that I have installed in order. Please let me know if screen shots would better help.  Thanks in advance.

FS Global 2010

REX Essential Plus Overdrive

REX4

FTX Global

FTX Global Vectors

FTX Open LC Europe

FTX AUSTRALIA

FTX EU England

Mike

Windows 7 Home Premium

i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz

12.0 GB

64 bit OS

850 W Power Supply

2 X GeForce GTX 970 4 gig ram cards.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but FSX cannot take advantage of your dual GTX970s.  Also, the i7 920 @ 2.67 GHZ is probably having trouble keeping up with the sim, much less feeding instructions fast enough to the gpus.  Some of the tech gurus around here can probably expand properly for you.

Stew

Thanks, for the update. I was figuring that was the problem. What would I need to upgrade to fix feeding instructions to the GPUs, A new Mother board? Raising the GHZs going to fix the issue perhaps? I am pretty much upgraded in ram and video cards. Thanks for the info on the video cards as well. Never knew FSX cannot use dual. Might sell one of them.

Mike

I would check which cpu your motherboard can upgrade to and put in the most recent or the fastest.  If you check some of the specs guys around here use, quite a few have Intel 5xxx or 4xxx, matched with the appropriate mobo, of course.  Hopefully, some of them can weigh in here and offer some advice.

Stew

Thanks, for the update. I was figuring that was the problem. What would I need to upgrade to fix feeding instructions to the GPUs, A new Mother board? Raising the GHZs going to fix the issue perhaps? I am pretty much upgraded in ram and video cards. Thanks for the info on the video cards as well. Never knew FSX cannot use dual. Might sell one of them.

Mikea

Hi Mike

The main issue is your CPU running at 2.67Ghz . It's much too low for a FSX enhanced with complex sceneries/aircraft. The only solution is overclocking your CPU if that can be done with your configuration.  Also, FSX cannot indeed take advantage of a SLI which, for some users, may even hinder the simulation. Nothing, you can do about it. 

At last, if you want FSX to take benefit of your 970, you have to use the DX10 preview (and not the Dx9 default), corrected by Steve's Fixer.

The GPUs are a cadillac for the processor and it is effectively bottlenecking your performance. I would get myself a good ASUS Z97 motherboard, an I7 4790 processor, if you can overclock it to 4.5-4.8 so much the better, but be sure you know what you are doing and have the proper cooling. Get only 8 G Ram 2400 with fast clocks. GPU use only one, that one is more than enough.

Then, work on your settings. LOD radius defaul FSX is 4.5. Config recognizes only .5´s, so 5.5, 6.5 etc. Don´t go higher than 6.5. You can configure in the FSX.cfg only or through an addon manager like FSDT. If you change a slider in the settings FSX will kick it back to 4.5. Still, this is plenty and it is what I run.

Before spending the money on any of this, why not try to properly cofigure what you have ? what are your settings in the NVIDIA inspector ? have you checked the Antialiasing and anisotropic texture filtering boxes in FSX ? have you properly configured the inspector to enhance those settings and to what amount ?

Thank you all for the wonderful information. I have finally found someone local and is willing to help me out, with getting the right things I need and building a better computer. I showed him all your responses and he fully understands what you are saying and is going to help me out with all that. I thank you all again.

• 3 weeks later...

Again I would like to thank you all for your help. I got someone to help and see what my problems were and guided me on what to get, plus help put it all together. Below will be my new system specs.

processor: Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 20

motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s

SSD Hard drive: SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E500B/AM 2.5" 500GB SATA III

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4

Liquid cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm All-In-One Water

New Tower: NZXT Phantom PHAN-003RD Red White Finish w/Red Tri +110

Keeping:

Windows 7

GeForce GTX 970

Corsair 850 watt power supply.

In all it cost me around $1500 for this upgrade.

I would like to keep the aircraft that I have downloaded and with this is a simple question. In order to keep all the aircraft I have, what folders do I need to copy over to the new system.

As for this topic, I would consider it solved. I am unsure how to mark it to be that. Again I would like to thank you all who replied for the help. Will have the new system built within a week or two, and looking forward to seeing FTX products the way that I am hearing about them.

Archived