LKHV Horovice - Introduction to the central Europe

If you wish to make a new topic there, please do.

I am always ready to correct my installation if it's wrong and

I will follow it with interest.

If you link to it in this post, then Bill will be able to find it

more easily.

I'm trying to prevent this becoming a support topic which it

isn't.

Many thanks.

Thanks to both of you.  Nick, I know better than to tack a support item onto a scenery discussion thread.  The reason I posted here was that I though this was not going to be a support issue.  I though that everyone was seeing these white patches and that Vlad or someone else would chime in and tell me that they were sand or salt or some other natural feature that was supposed to be in the scenery.

My OpenLC entries are all correctly located in the scenery library.  I am fairly confident that I had Global set when I took these shots, but I will double check later when I have time to fly.  The issue cannot be Vector.  Although I purchased it, I am waiting until version 2.5 before I install it while it goes through its growing pains.

I do have Ultimate Terrain for both the US and Europe, but I have disabled all the landclass features in the program.  I am using it for vector drawing until I replace it with Vector 2.5.   I still have water bodies enabled in Ultimate Terrain and can test to see if I still get the white patches if I disable them.  I will be happy to start a post in the OpenLC forum if you think this is a support issue. 

Bill

Bill, the difference between you and Nick+me is UTX, so it looks like those lakes are UTX vector ones, albeit a funny colour.  If you can confirm that, then that means Orbx Vector lacks them and it's worth reporting there.  In which case it wouldn't be a landclass issue.

I really like this airport, it's very atmospheric. I noticed that there are a number of white patches of ground within a couple of miles of the airport. I was wondering what these white patches are supposed to be. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

Bill

No lakes there, Bill. We have a summer house near by, so trust me! :) BTW - Vector is quite accurate with the rivers and lakes there anyway. As suggested, must be some sort of conflict with something else...

Archived