OpenLC not showing up

Hello guys,

just installed ORBX OpenLC Europe along with Vector and Global of course. But unfortunately I cant see a difference from stock FSX in the scenery area except for EU6 parts of OpenLC.

All entries ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE entries (1-10) are existing in the scenery library and no installation errors occured. I am using the latest version (1.10) and FSX SP2.

Can anyone help me out here :)

Hi there,

are you perhaps using a third-party landclass add-on for the openLC EU areas outside of Germany? If the EU6 area (Germany) is active then there's really no other reason why the other areas shouldn't display as well. Also, have you checked whether the other nine OLC_EU... folders contain files in both the scenery and texture subfolders? You did run all four of the openLC EU installers without error messages, correct?

Last but not least you could alwasy post a couple of representative screenshots (with coordinates!) so we can cross-check; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I dont use any landclass addons except OpenLC.

I checked the OLC_EU folders: EU1-EU5 have two BGLs and lots of textures in it, EU6,EU7,EU10 three BGLs and again lots of textures, EU8-EU9 has tons of BGLs and tons of textures :D

As you already said, no errors occured during installation.

I have some examples of repeating textures here, this is best visible over flat terrain.

This shot is somewhere over Serbia (N45°35.87 / E20°11.0):

154727.jpg

Spain (N41°40.05 / W5°15.22):2.jpg

Hi there,

thanks for the screenshots. I can confirm that openLC EU is installed correctly as those locations look the same on my PC. For comparison I took screenshots of the default FSX landclass and textures in those same locations.

The landclass grid pattern is notoriously difficult to "mask", especially in flat agricultural areas, given that it's the inherent square-kilometer grid system of FSX/P3D. There are methods to reduce the issue but it involves creating many more custom texture sets and then manually placing and adjusting them, something that we do in FTX regions but that's out of the scope of a continent-wide add-on like openLC EU. Even then, expansive agricultural plains will always show some repeating patterns.

Obviously, the grid becomes most visible at high flight levels and with clear skies; fortunately, most days you'll have some haze or clouds...

Cheers, Holger  

post-375-0-27104400-1435513704_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-30705500-1435513709_thumb.jpg

Hello Holger,

thank you so much for the clarification. Glad that there is no problem with my installation.

Too bad that we cant get rid of those repeating patterns. In Germany region I dont experience it that much (at least as I perceived it)

Textures itself are very nice though

Archived