PAKT runway disappears

Jack Sawyer

Here are some screenshots.  I just made a long flight to PAKT and right on landing the runway disappeared.  I crashed on landing after plane sunk into ground.  

Also, the water to the right flickered black a few times.  Any ideas?  Sceneries are listed in my sig.

2015-6-25_12-6-2-777.jpg

2015-6-25_12-6-7-10.jpg

2015-6-25_12-7-4-368.jpg

The harbor there looks pretty bare.  I remember a lot more boats, buildings, etc. on the shore opposite the airport.  I wonder did you install the OrbxLibs?  (I know:  silly question, but that was my first thought).  Of course, the grass covering half the runway isn't right either...

I fixed it.  I was doing some digging and found a thread about Pacific Fjords.  Here's the text and I did what it said to do and now I have PAKT working fine.

Ultimate Terrain X Alaska (Flight1)

Similar to the FSGenesis file set UTX Alaska package includes airport adjustment files for PAKT that need to be deactivated to prevent the runway sunken into the surrounding terrain. In this case though no manual renaming is needed. The UTX Alaska setup tool includes an option to individually deactivate any of its airport corrections and the procedure is described with images on page 33/34 of the UTX Alaska manual, "UltimateAlaska.Pdf", accessible via the Windows Start menu >  Flight One software > Ultimate Alaska > Ultimate Alaska User's Guide.

In short, start the UTX Alaska Setup Tool, select Terrain > Modify Status Of Repositioned Airports, scroll down to "PAKT" and select it, then click on the "Enable/Disable" button, make sure "[Disabled]" occurs next to "PAKT". and then exit the Setup Tool. 

Again, PAKT is the only adjusted airport overlapping the PFJ and UTX coverage areas.

Archived