Sedona flying building.

Jack Sawyer

G'day Jack,

What you're seeing is a known bug with the FSX engine - it can be resolved by refreshing your scenery. See here for a more detailed description of the same issue in another location. 

A bigger problem I see in your screenshot, however, is a total lack of autogen trees around Sedona. To fix this issue, just make sure you download the latest ORBX libraries, and then select and apply a region in FTX Central v2. Either Global or North America will work for Sedona, but it is important to apply (or re-apply) a region in FTX Central v2 to ensure that the core autogen files are refreshed to the updated versions. Let me know if you have any trouble or need any help with this. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Cheers Jarrad! Thanks for getting back to me. How do I refresh my scenery library?

I had FTX Central 2 set to NA but I notice KSEZ is listed under FTX Global so I set it to that and will try it now and see if I have trees. I thought this was normal scenery. LOL!

Also, I thought I had the latest libraries, how do I know my latest version? How do I get the latest version?

In FTX Central it doesn't show that I need any updates. I'm baffled mate.

Appreciate your help Jarrad!

Jack

Ok, so I quit FSX, ran FTX Central 2, and selected FTX Global where KSEZ is listed then fired up the sim and brought my plane back to the same area.  The house is now on the ground and I see trees.  Does this look normal to you?  I hope I did it correctly.

Thanks for your help and quick response.  I am LOVING ORBX!!!!!!

2015-6-15_23-30-39-943.jpg

Jack

G'day Jack,

You're almost there :) You'll just need to download and install the latest ORBXlibs and apply a new region in FTX Central again - your shot shows some of the new(ish) types I made for Palm Springs, but not the smaller vegetation types I included in the latest ORBXlibs specifically for Sedona. I'm not sure why it hasn't prompted you to update your ORBXlibs, as a green bar should appear across the top of FTX Central when required. In any case, the latest ORBXlibs can always be downloaded via this link. Lastly, in answer to your question about which region to apply - whilst Sedona is a product designed to blend with Global, it will work with either the Global or North America region enabled in FTX Central. 

I've attached a quick screenshot from the same location on my setup for reference. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Sedona_Hill.jpg

G'day Jack,

Link for ORBXlibs is here. Once you have installed these, open FTX Central V2, and select either the Global or North American tab on the left hand side. Then select "apply group" - the teal/blue coloured button on the right hand side - and you should be all set :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Possibly, but the symptom that stands out to me is that all the trees you have in your screenshot are the larger urban type (which I made for KPSP and were included in the Oct 2014 ORBXlibs), but you don't have any example of the smaller scrub type (which were amongst the types I made for KSEZ and were included in an update in Feb 2015). Again if you're not sure, try bumping up your autogen slider in FSX to max to test your theory. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

That did it Jarrad, but when I ran FSX I got an error message.  I should have written it down.  It said something needed to be updated.  Then it said to re-run FSX.  So I did and had to click yes to run three different times.  I placed the plane at the exact same place and now mine looks like yours!

I wonder what happened?  I never would have known any difference if you didn't spot it.

Think it changed other areas too?

Hello Jarrad, do you know why this may have hapened?

Any idea why FTX Central 2 didn't see this? Could it be because FTX Central 2 saw the correct version?

But if that's the case why did reininstalling it fix it?

I'm just very curious about this.

Cheers and thank you for your help. I really appreciate how you went ou of your way to help. This means a lot to me.

Kudos for FTX!

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'm just guessing here but I think the message you got in FSX was about an update for ObjectFlow.   When you restarted FSX it correctly installed the newest version.

I know the library files can be a mystery, but when in doubt just reinstall the latest version for your sim.  Then open FTXCentral2 and choose a region (even the same one you already have selected) and click on "Apply".  This sorts out all kinds of minor problems.

Refreshing the scenery within the sim is done by going to the upper menu bar and selecting World/Scenery and then clicking on OK.  The sim will then reconfigure any changes you may have made.  It usually cures the floating buildings that occur on occasion too.

Hello Rob, and thanks. Yes, that was it, that was the message. Brilliant. Thank you!

And thank you for explaining all that to me, I'm going to print this out so I will have it handy.

Sedona looks so nice now with the trees and all, I wish I could visit it.

Oh, one more thing, where is that darned bridge? I see in the manual there's a bridge and I have flown just about everywhere but can't find it. Is it near the airport?

Anyway, Sedona is awesome.

Jack

Archived