FTX Freeware, any issues with existing FTX?

Jack Sawyer

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

I saw the FTX freeware site and love it, I love all the free stuff I can get.  But a couple of questions about it.

1. All those free airports in one file, will there be conflicts if I already have the FTX areas they are in?  (See my installed FTX's in sig)

2. If I install some of those airports and then later get an area that covers them will I have to uninstall the freeware?

3. If I install ANY of those areas and later install a regional will I have to uninstall the freeware?

Thanks a lot.  I am LOVING ORBX stuff.  A lot.

Jack

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

I saw the FTX freeware site and love it, I love all the free stuff I can get.  But a couple of questions about it.

1. All those free airports in one file, will there be conflicts if I already have the FTX areas they are in?  (See my installed FTX's in sig)

2. If I install some of those airports and then later get an area that covers them will I have to uninstall the freeware?

3. If I install ANY of those areas and later install a regional will I have to uninstall the freeware?

Thanks a lot.  I am LOVING ORBX stuff.  A lot.

Jack

In order:

1. At present, no :) All the FTX Global Freeware airports are deliberately chosen to be outside of current regional areas. Once the regions expand, there may be a few that then fall "inside" the new regions, but none in your current set.

2. You won't strictly "have to" uninstall the freeware... The new regions will include their own versions, and if both are active, you may see some duplicate objects etc... however, it will be up to you to decide which one to keep and which one to disable... Once you've decided, you can disable the duplicate easily, without having to delete or uninstall anything, simply by adding ".OFF" to the end of the filenames of the version you want to disable.

3. Same as point 2 above ;) . Basically, decide which version you prefer, then find the duplicate and disable it as above.

Archived